Options from 11/14

All your ordering information here!
acey

Post by acey »

Hello,
a newbie here looking to buy a Macan Turbo. I've been browsing and searing for information regarding various options that seem to be unavailable.

There are a few puzzling issues. First, why is the Macan brochure full of options that are not available, and were not available when it was printed? The price list and main car in the marketing material is a light blue (I'd say Estoril blue in BMW-speak) that is not available for order. There are several interior options that are not available, nor is there any information of when they will be available. Sport exhaust is coming 11/14 at the earliest, is this also true for light grey / white interior? Will we see any new exterior colours from 11/14?

Ordering a Porsche seems rather more confusing than ordering any other car. Including individual orders at BMW ors AMG / RS cars form Audi.

Love the Macan though! Desperately needs a sport exhaust though.

SPL

Post by SPL »

They have to tell you about it before it's available... We were told about the Macan years ago but it was not available. The new Cayenne is coming soon, but you can not get one now.. Same applies to the Macan options. Everything is the same - New TV coming soon....

Confusing, well, yes, but is that not part of the experience, there are so many options and therefore your Porsche will no doubt be unique. You don't / won't get that in an Audi/BMW! I like it the idea of so many options for this reason.

Agree with you re the Sports Exhaust - I was alaso told at preview night that they are working on one for the Diesel.. (another option to add to my list... cha ching!)

Thumbs Up
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html
acey

Post by acey »

I totally get that the cars evolve as the model evolves and there is always the next thing you "need". But showcasing something in the promotion material that might not be available for another 12-15 months seems a bit strange and confusing.

BMW are catching up on the options lists... :)