break-in period for 2024 macan s

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

After you get a few thousand miles under your belt sign up for the IAM Road Smart course, it will improve your observational skills considerably.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

When running in my Macan I used the Sport setting which prevented the car changing up into the higher gears so early. Together with a light touch on the throttle this allowed the engine to spin easily and improve the running effect on the engine and transmission components.

Regarding other drivers, I always try to let the idiots get in front of me. Much easier to deal with them defensively when they are in front rather than behind doing something daft. Also, I hope your instructor advised you on maintaining at least a two second gap between you and the car in front, more in poor weather, and when stopped behind another vehicle leaving a gap so you can still see their rear tyres and a little Tarmac. This could provide an escape route from the driver behind who is texting or on Facebook.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
zzed

Post by zzed »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:25 am When running in my Macan I used the Sport setting which prevented the car changing up into the higher gears so early. Together with a light touch on the throttle this allowed the engine to spin easily and improve the running effect on the engine and transmission components.

Regarding other drivers, I always try to let the idiots get in front of me. Much easier to deal with them defensively when they are in front rather than behind doing something daft. Also, I hope your instructor advised you on maintaining at least a two second gap between you and the car in front, more in poor weather, and when stopped behind another vehicle leaving a gap so you can still see their rear tyres and a little Tarmac. This could provide an escape route from the driver behind who is texting or on Facebook.
Thanks for the great tips!!!