New potential owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

I think the PEC was the game changer. Being able to drive in a closed environment I was able to do things and see things a normal test drive would not show. I had a great instructor who kept on getting me to push the Macan further and further and if I am honest still nowhere near the limit.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

ExV8 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:04 pm I think the PEC was the game changer. Being able to drive in a closed environment I was able to do things and see things a normal test drive would not show. I had a great instructor who kept on getting me to push the Macan further and further and if I am honest still nowhere near the limit.
You now know to try harder next time.

If the Instructor does not have white knuckles, drive faster.

Most PEC fun, skid pan, in a Boxster with the Traction control off.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

So, 5 months on and I’m about to take delivery. £30 k over original car budget and £15 k over the Macan budget 😂.

I remember playing test drive on the Amiga and playing with the Porsche thinking one day I’ll have one and now I will.

I’ve actually quite enjoyed the buying experience, hopefully ownership and ongoing service is as good.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

ExV8 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:04 pm I’ve actually quite enjoyed the buying experience, hopefully ownership and ongoing service is as good.
Driving experience, yes, definitely, service don't hold your breath, expect nothing and you might be pleasantly surprised. Overall, well I'm on my second with no plans to change, so I think the pulses win. 😁
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
crockers

Post by crockers »

I find no problem with the service I get from Dick Lovett Swindon. I too am on my second and can’t think of many cars I’d prefer.
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

My new Macan

IMG_1046.jpeg

shambolic

Post by shambolic »

Is it shy?
Yorkshire Mac

Post by Yorkshire Mac »

Tease.....
Arriving in June, all being well. Slightly tweaked to now include Bose - https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PS4LXHU0
Scoobyd

Post by Scoobyd »

Looks great. Nice colour choice.
Porsche Macan GTS Gen 1
E46 BMW 330ci Sport Convertible
GTB

Post by GTB »

How much was the "Cloaking" Device?? never saw that option on the configurator?

Anyway, hope the car is everything you wanted it to be and more!
Wish you many happy and safe miles driving the new car.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0