Engine Control Fault in MFD

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
cludgie

Post by cludgie »

5 weeks and 800 miles into ownership of '22 Gen 3 Macan S. Great car but it drinks too much (like me). I signed up for the Porsche connected services, purely to use the My Porsche app as a tracker. With the reports of a number of thefts on this forum and the thieves ability to disable the car's GPS, I thought I'd add a 3rd party hard-wired tracker. It arrived today and rather than think about the best place to install the device I thought I would just connect it to the battery to get it online and make sure it works - it does. Later when I started the car I got the message ' Engine Control Fault, Consult Dealer, Driving Permitted'. It is doing this every time. Since this didn't happen before I attached the tracker I'm guessing it has something to do with my installation. I'm guessing that slackening the terminals caused a temporary drop in voltage and that's what has triggered the fault? Do I need to get hold of an ODB scanner to clear the fault?

Thanks
Gen 3 Macan S: Volcano, 21" GTs in Black, Air, Sports Chrono, PASM, PS+, Pano, Extended Leather, 18W, ACC, PDSL+, Surcam, Bose, + more

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It needs resetting.

If you have to get the OPC to do it, do remove the tracker completely and keep quite about it.

I fitted a trailing socket to the battery in my Macan to connect a trickle charger, but before I loosened the terminal bolts I used a small clamp to keep the battery terminals firmly connect to the battery stubs.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
cludgie

Post by cludgie »

Yes, should have thought of keeping the terminal connected! The good news is that the fault has cleared all by itself today so no reset required. Lesson learned!
Gen 3 Macan S: Volcano, 21" GTs in Black, Air, Sports Chrono, PASM, PS+, Pano, Extended Leather, 18W, ACC, PDSL+, Surcam, Bose, + more