Service Book

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Been to view a Gen 1 Macan today, has full Porsche Service History - according to the receipts that I was presented with - which were also noted on the HPI check in the file. However, the dealer doesn’t have a physical service book for the vehicle though and seems to think it may have been digitalised.

That’s not right is it? Or were service books optional :lol: / phased out at some point?
2017 Macan Turbo Performance - Volcano Grey

robbie

Post by robbie »

Bomber wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:58 pm Been to view a Gen 1 Macan today, has full Porsche Service History - according to the receipts that I was presented with - which were also noted on the HPI check in the file. However, the dealer doesn’t have a physical service book for the vehicle though and seems to think it may have been digitalised.

That’s not right is it? Or were service books optional :lol: / phased out at some point?
No they were standard, I certainly had a 'paper' service book with both my Macans which were stamped at each oil change/service, but I think the industry is certainly 'trying' to move towards digital records only, something to do with reducing their costs and avoid printing paper maybe...................A Gen1 should certainly have a service book as part of the sales handover
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

robbie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:19 pm
Bomber wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:58 pm Been to view a Gen 1 Macan today, has full Porsche Service History - according to the receipts that I was presented with - which were also noted on the HPI check in the file. However, the dealer doesn’t have a physical service book for the vehicle though and seems to think it may have been digitalised.

No they were standard, I certainly had a 'paper' service book with both my Macans which were stamped at each oil change/service, but I think the industry is certainly 'trying' to move towards digital records only, something to do with reducing their costs and avoid printing paper maybe...................A Gen1 should certainly have a service book as part of the sales handover
I think it's more paper ones are easier to forge. An electronic record on the Porsche Server pushes owners to use an OPC rather than indys for servicing.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Should definitely have a service book for Gen1 and 2 included in my case. OPC can print out a record. Unfortunately Porsche don’t have the same system as e.g. Jaguar, where all you need is the Vin and you can view any car service history yourself.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

That’s conclusive then :roll:

I’ll speak to the dealer again tomorrow. I’ll hold out hope that a new service booked can be provided and stamped by the OPC in accordance with their records.
dlgis

Post by dlgis »

And Gen3 has a service book too 👍
Darryl
Macan GTS 2023
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Even a Taycan has a Service Book.......................................... :roll:
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

All sorted, new service book coming, along with all the OPC stamps ;)