Speed limit indicator

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Tell us more about this magic device............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Mine shows traffic signs, but not often. It seems to be quite selective and, for example, shows no over taking signs but not no stopping.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Rayo2703

Post by Rayo2703 »

Went on the motorway today and it picked up the temporary signs and came up with the no overtaking sign😊
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Mine seems a tad selective too. It works 90% of the time but today it missed 2 very clear, though temporary, no overtaking signs. Maybe the sun was shining on the camera because it usually picks those up fine.
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Hi There Guys,

Just a quick enquiry regarding the enabling and use of this feature please - I am picking up a 2019 Macan S next week and I fancy having this facility, to show the current road speed limit, on the MFD (not quite sure why but I do :))

How do you guys that have brought the dongle or specified speed limit display as an option from new think that it is useful / worthwhile? From new at £204 it seems a cheap option (by comparison top other Porsche options) ?

Thanks
Andrew
Last edited by andywebber on Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

I find it very useful. Don't have it in my 718 as it's preowned, and definitely miss it. Wish it could be retro fitted
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I find it useful and have had it for so long as standard kit on other cars I didn’t wanna take a chance without it.
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

It's really useful. Too often speed limits get changed or are reduced. Also the 60 to 50 to 40 to 30 and now even 20 mph limits are a minefield on unfamiliar roads. A quick glance at the instrument display clarifies. It not a matter of being unobservant of speed limit road signs, but more of when they are not clearly visible. Being obscured by other vehicles, overgrown hedges etc. I would not be without it.

On our 2024 model Renault, the speed limit red ring on the instrument panel pulses if you are going over the limit. A great aid compared to the passive one in the Macan.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Great, thanks very much for the information guys - I think that I will order the Kufatec Dongle now then and it will be my first modification :)

Thanks Again

Andrew
2japs

Post by 2japs »

andywebber wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:34 am Great, thanks very much for the information guys - I think that I will order the Kufatec Dongle now then and it will be my first modification :)

Thanks Again

Andrew
Just to reinforce other members posts, it is on my pre owned S, never thought about it previously but as stated it’s really useful and now wouldn’t be without it .
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)