Handy tips

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
crockers

Post by crockers »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:06 pm
andreas wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:44 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:00 pm Unfortunate that we don't all have that 20:20 recollection like Andreas, isn't it? It'd be interesting to know if his wife considers his memory to be that good :lol:
You don't need a wonderful memory to know how to adjust a wretched headrest! As it happens, my wife has always been in awe of my useless general knowledge. And I'll overlook the barbed insults in your comment.
No barb, nor insult really, I wouldn't, have found your posts too helpful, interesting and constructive, until this one that is :D I was just pointing out that none of is are perfect and if one of us notices a useful little thing that we'd overlooked or forgotten (and I wouldn't bet against the "fm" having the odd gap) and decide to flag it up to others then being harangued with the knee jerk "rtffm" seems a bit harsh. I'd take a different line if some dope posts a question about how to adjust the driver's seat though!
Are you telling me it can be moved ? Wow I thought it was fixed 🤣

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

On a previous Merc’ I had, there was something similar, only it was activated automatically, by a rear end shunt.
Found that out by having been rear ended, only slightly though. I wondered why the seating felt different. The owner’s manual which explained what had occurred. And went onto say that a special tool supplied was needed to return it to its original setting. This special tool was nowhere to be found, but the dealers supplied the missing piece of kit, FOC.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:27 am On a previous Merc’ I had, there was something similar, only it was activated automatically, by a rear end shunt.
Found that out by having been rear ended, only slightly though. I wondered why the seating felt different. The owner’s manual which explained what had occurred. And went onto say that a special tool supplied was needed to return it to its original setting. This special tool was nowhere to be found, but the dealers supplied the missing piece of kit, FOC.
My E class coupe was rear ended when only six days old , adaptive headrests worked a treat , no whiplash .

IMG_1174.JPG

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'm pretty sure the Macan headrests won't do that, however, I HAVEN'T CHECKED THE F'IN MANUAL! :o :shock: :oops:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
GTB

Post by GTB »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:56 pm I'm pretty sure the Macan headrests won't do that, however, I HAVEN'T CHECKED THE F'IN MANUAL! :o :shock: :oops:
Neil,

Why not take a drive out and when somebody is driving very close behind you, slam on those fantastic Porsche brakes, other car wont be able to stop in time, and you can then get practical demonstration if the Porsche headrests are adaptive??

Only an idea, infact could be a "Handy Tip" :lol: :lol:

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

GTB wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:29 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:56 pm I'm pretty sure the Macan headrests won't do that, however, I HAVEN'T CHECKED THE F'IN MANUAL! :o :shock: :oops:
Neil,

Why not take a drive out and when somebody is driving very close behind you, slam on those fantastic Porsche brakes, other car wont be able to stop in time, and you can then get practical demonstration if the Porsche headrests are adaptive??

Only an idea, infact could be a "Handy Tip" :lol: :lol:

Cheers GTB
Good idea! As I haven't yet put the new rear light in I'llbe able to sell that to their insurance company too. 👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I’m sure in time, with all this new tech’ coming in now.
Rear end shunts ( If we’re still driving cars) will be a thing of the past. As they will have proximity sensors on them, that will automatically apply the brakes on a following vehicle, if it gets too close. Like forward facing adaptive braking now.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:33 am I’m sure in time, with all this new tech’ coming in now.
Rear end shunts ( If we’re still driving cars) will be a thing of the past. As they will have proximity sensors on them, that will automatically apply the brakes on a following vehicle, if it gets too close. Like forward facing adaptive braking now.
If there were no RTAs how would insurance companies make any money 😉
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:54 am
TheTraveller wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:33 am I’m sure in time, with all this new tech’ coming in now.
If there were no RTAs how would insurance companies make any money 😉
I’m sure there will still an Ocean of lunatics, out there. Drunk drivers, blind drivers, OAP’s whose reaction times are measured in days. Boy racers, and possibly a few sports car drivers, who like to show off (poorly).
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Do we all know about the double HOLD feature on the Macan?

I haven't RTFM and only discovered it from someone here.