How to Upload Photos

Forum suggestions, help and advice
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I would suggest that it is more than an image naming issue with an iPad.
I cannot post any previously uploaded images from my iPad at all.
That is; I upload images from my PC to the forum File Manager and I can post images from there when on my PC.
I cannot see File Manager from my iPad, all I have is the option to upload an image which of course it will not do.
Hence is it a bug or a forum setting that has been missed by the WebMeister.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Joy!

Dan has updated the forum software to 11.05 and one of the consequences is that you can now upload as many pictures as you like from an iPhone / iPad.

The picture that is uploaded is named image_timestamp.jpeg

The popup window showing upload progress is also back instead of the confusing 500 error.

Thanks Dan!

PS. I don't know if it solves the problem of picture rotation... time will tell.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It works, uploaded from my ipad
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Still doesn't solve the rotation issue (but to be fair, the release notes never claimed it did).

But if you crop or otherwise edit the photo before uploading, it's ok.
goron592016-07-14 22:48:48
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Guy

Post by Guy »

A very old thread I know, but I just wanted to say that a few people have posted photos of their cars that include location 'metadata'. It's then quite easy to work out where the photo was taken, hence the probable location of the car. This is clearly information that may be useful to car thieves looking for their next target.

For iPhones, the default setting is to add location data to new photos, but if you have a look here it explains how to remove before sharing/uploading to sites like this: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/p ... 5df82/web#

I help moderate another forum where metadata is stripped by default from uploaded photos, so I will send Rob a PM to ask whether the same can be done here.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Guy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:32 pm A very old thread I know, but I just wanted to say that a few people have posted photos of their cars that include location 'metadata'. It's then quite easy to work out where the photo was taken, hence the probable location of the car. This is clearly information that may be useful to car thieves looking for their next target.

For iPhones, the default setting is to add location data to new photos, but if you have a look here it explains how to remove before sharing/uploading to sites like this: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/p ... 5df82/web#

I help moderate another forum where metadata is stripped by default from uploaded photos, so I will send Rob a PM to ask whether the same can be done here.
Good thought!

And was your avatar photo really taken on the banks of the Plansee on 19 Dec 2015? :shock:
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Guy

Post by Guy »

andreas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:48 pm And was your avatar photo really taken on the banks of the Plansee on 19 Dec 2015? :shock:
Indeed - and I posted the full photo with a description of the location at the time! However, to be on the safe side I have since moved house four times and sold the Macan! :D
andreas

Post by andreas »

Guy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:53 pm

Indeed - and I posted the full photo with a description of the location at the time! However, to be on the safe side I have since moved house four times and sold the Macan! :D
Excessively cautious! :D
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Guy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:53 pm
andreas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:48 pm And was your avatar photo really taken on the banks of the Plansee on 19 Dec 2015? :shock:
:lol: :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018