GTS suspension clarification

All your ordering information here!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

FSB wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:18 pm Regarding the comment from the OP, if the ground clearance of the GTS suspension is 177mm in the normal (comfort) setting then as far as I understand engaging 'Low Level' will drop it a further 10mm to give a height of 167mm.
As the 'no cost' optional standard suspension (S) gives 187mm of clearance does selecting 'Low Level' give a drop of 20mm as intimated by Armyaxl or would it be 177mm?

Only asking as my freeze date is fast approaching and need to make a decision whether to stick with the GTS suspension or opt for the Standard suspension. I currently have a 2020 GTS which I drive around in comfort + low level most of the time however, where I live, some of the roads are fairly rough and a suspension setup which is a bit softer than I have at present would be a bonus but only if I could revert to the ride height of the GTS suspension + Low Level (167mm)
Get the standard GTS sports air suspension, it’s great

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

FSB wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:18 pm Regarding the comment from the OP, if the ground clearance of the GTS suspension is 177mm in the normal (comfort) setting then as far as I understand engaging 'Low Level' will drop it a further 10mm to give a height of 167mm.
As the 'no cost' optional standard suspension (S) gives 187mm of clearance does selecting 'Low Level' give a drop of 20mm as intimated by Armyaxl or would it be 177mm?

Only asking as my freeze date is fast approaching and need to make a decision whether to stick with the GTS suspension or opt for the Standard suspension. I currently have a 2020 GTS which I drive around in comfort + low level most of the time however, where I live, some of the roads are fairly rough and a suspension setup which is a bit softer than I have at present would be a bonus but only if I could revert to the ride height of the GTS suspension + Low Level (167mm)

Be aware GTS suspension is actually more than the suspension itself - it's also the anti rollbar setup, dampner tune and PASM setup:
The new Macan continues the model’s reputation of a wide dynamic bandwidth, which balances maximum suspension comfort with agile performance. The acclaimed chassis has been further optimised, so the car responds with greater sensitivity and more directly to the driving style and road conditions. This in turn translates into better feedback to the steering wheel. For this purpose, core elements such as the damper characteristics of the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) have been adapted specifically for this model.
https://press.porsche.co.uk/prod/presse ... -macan_gts

The GTS sits lower than the S in all modes. Get the GTS suspension - it's like 50% of the reason to get that level trim.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94