Oil Pressure Reading

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
DRW

Post by DRW »

Thanks guys for your replies, the plot thickens, I can understand the settings reverting to factory after an update but the option to display on the menu disappearing doesn't make sense?

I was hoping that we had someone on the site that was a Porsche Technician, that was able to shed some light?

The service manager from Porsche Sheffield is supposed to be calling me tomorrow, hopefully he can solve the mystery?

DRW

DRW

Post by DRW »

The service manager from Porsche Sheffield called, he informed me that the update that was applied to the Macan causes this option to be deleted, the update was for something totally unrelated to the gauge cluster???

He admitted that some Macan owners had raised a similar question, he has instructed his lead technician to contact Porsche technical to find out if Porsche are going to release another software update to fix the botch up that they have caused with the previous attempt???

As this is a low priority he informed me that it maybe some weeks before they have a response ?

Well done Porsche what has happened to German efficiency ?

DRW
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

@DRW, I have had the recent MFD update for brake booster malfunction that now displays a yellow symbol in the MFD before starting.

During this software update process nothing was reset and, as you can see in your other post, I still have oil pressure showing although as many have said I rarely give it any attention compared to the temperatures and my battery voltage.

Thanks
Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981