New Blue Macan

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Skyway wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:48 pm
Tracky wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:43 pm Sorts plus is horrible so always avoid it therefore sc is pointless as you have sport button which is easy to find
I don't think anything is easy to find in the centre without taking your eyes off the road, and the Sports button alone doesn't stiffen the suspension.

If you on a budget then fine, but choosing something like a 'furry' steering wheel over and above SC is nuts!
Yes it does stiffen the suspension in sport mode

You mean you can’t find the hazard warning lights switch quickly in an emergency ? That is harder to find and press than the sport button being tucked away

No budget restraint
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Tracky wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:43 pm Sorts plus is horrible so always avoid it therefore sc is pointless as you have sport button which is easy to find
I don't think anything is easy to find in the centre without taking your eyes off the road, and the Sports button alone doesn't stiffen the suspension.

If you on a budget then fine, but choosing something like a 'furry' steering wheel over and above SC is nuts!
I agree with you there. I hardly ever used the sport button in my old macan (maybe because it was a base!). PASM was always in sport but you don't have to press that button every time you start though. Sport button does put PASM into sport damper settings.

Whereas I use the SC dial in my new macan alot. It's just so much more accessible being on the steering wheel. I like that you can have individual mode aswell which I switch to every time I start.

The clock is pretty cool too 😎
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Tracky wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:50 pm

Yes it does stiffen the suspension in sport mode

You mean you can’t find the hazard warning lights switch quickly in an emergency ? That is harder to find and press than the sport button being tucked away

No budget restraint
Hazard lights turn on automatically in a Macan if emergency braking ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I use SC every drive for sure. I don't tend to use Sports+ much as it's a bit chattery for UK B roads, but I have used Sports Response a fair bit when overtaking on the motorway etc.

Wouldn't be without it here.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Lovely colour. And alloys. Just wonderful; was the wait due to the special paint?

If I were speccing a Macan for myself then an S with PTS would be so tempting over a GTS.
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:28 pm Lovely colour. And alloys. Just wonderful; was the wait due to the special paint?

If I were speccing a Macan for myself then an S with PTS would be so tempting over a GTS.
The long wait was partially related to the PTS…. Inefficient German factory. But perhaps the greatest reason for the long wait was that I was the last person to return to a Porsche showroom, take a test drive and place an order after the Covid pandemic - I joined the back of a long queue.
Macan S
Code: PR5S7372