Gen 1 Turbo Exhaust Tail Pipe Question...

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Mike993

Post by Mike993 »

Another Turbo question if I may, are the Turbo tail pipes interchangable or are they a fixed part of the exhaust, for instance could you take silver ones off to have them heat treated black?

Thanks, Mike
2018 GTS Jet Metallic Black with full black leather.

GWL

Post by GWL »

Looking at the official Porsche parts manual, it looks like the Gen 1 rectangular brushed steel ends of the exhaust are detachable, being held in place by just 1 screw on the underside on each

Untitled 2.jpg

Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Mike993

Post by Mike993 »

Thanks for that good to know!
2018 GTS Jet Metallic Black with full black leather.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

But

If a Turbo has PSE fitted it will not have the square pipes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Vinc3

Post by Vinc3 »

Does anybody know if there are any parts available to replace the parts (20 & 21) listed above with round, black sports type pipe ends please?

Alternatively I will probably be buying the AWE Touring full system exhaust, decat and stage 1 COBB/Litchfield tune :mrgreen:

Thank you.

Vince

PS: I'll post an introduction post soon as I have a Macan Turbo, which I love!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Vinc3 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:13 pm Image

Does anybody know if there are any parts available to replace the parts (20 & 21) listed above with round, black sports type pipe ends please?

Alternatively I will probably be buying the AWE Touring full system exhaust, decat and stage 1 COBB/Litchfield tune :mrgreen:

Thank you.

Vince

PS: I'll post an introduction post soon as I have a Macan Turbo, which I love!
Welcome

https://content.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag ... 81004A041A

Porsche have their Tequipment website where they list all the accessories available for every model.

You would probably be better removing the square tailpipes and having them stove enamelled as the official ones are £700.

Over in the States a guy had a Cobb stage 2 and he posted this image of the Dyno result.

IMG_4733.jpeg

Me if I was to tune my Turbo I would possibly go for a Race Chip, +82 hp & 130 Nm
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags