Another first time Porsche buyer

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:19 am By contrast, my advice is to completely ignore all the drivel on here about what to spec for resale and budgets, and just spec it how YOU want it.
Check out what various options do and even canvas if folks find them useful, but it’s your car and if you want some “bling” then go for it.
This is not a BM or Audi that will all be identical, you have the opportunity to make it your own - or not - spec what you want within whatever budget you are comfortable with 👍
So in short agree…read all the advice then do what makes you happy…

PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

gammaray wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:42 am I think several reviews say that the 8w GTS seats are more than comfortable enough. The rest of your spec looks good too, although I’d also say the 75-Litre Tank is probably a good option (and well-priced).

This review on the Macan T is a great watch by the way:
Not seen him before - thought is was a well presented and balanced review.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I like JayEmm, I just wish he did a GTS!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I totally agree with Jon A 👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Wootiful

Post by Wootiful »

Thank you all for your opinions and advice. I think I've watched most of the videos YouTube has to offer on the Macan II & III.

I'm toing and froing on so many options at the moment, trying to strike a balance between all those I want and budget. Extended leather, aluminium dash trim, Macan S wheels (not a dark wheel fan), power steering plus, surround view, speed limit indicator, loadspace management system (for the dog), BOSE and 75l petrol tank (hadn't twigged you'd get more petrol) all come and go from my config.

I had a pretty decent test drive across a variety of roads but the section on dual-carriageway was only short so I am trying to arrange another test drive albeit from a different OPC so I can get a friend's opinion too. I'll pay more attention to the options too this time.