Picking up my used Macan S - what to look out for?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Hi folks, finally picking up my Macan S - its a MY19 S fully kitted with options - pretty much everything except surround camera (which I would have liked), PTV (which I would probably not have noticed)

Its used with 45k on the clock and MOT'd by the dealer. Any advice on what to look out for / check on collection?

I plan to get it inspected by Porsche for an approved warranty

thanks!

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

The 111 point OPC check will tell you everything!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As Neil writes, plus

Check the actual Service Record in particular what was done c40,000 miles and what is projected to be done at its next service.

If it has a Pano make sure they checked and cleared the four drainage tubes if not have it done asap.

Check that all Software Updates have been performed ie Maps etc

Check that loose items like the paper handbook/service record is in the glovebox and the First Aid kit is in the boot.

Check spare wheel compressor is behind the panel in the boot and or if there is mo spare that the inflator kit is there

Scrounge a Porsche insulated mug off the dealer and get it filled with coffee

Fill up the tank and enjoy the drive home via the very long scenic route ie the Dales, Lake District and Snowdonia.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

As above plus listen for any strange noises that shouldn't be there.

It should still drive like new so hopefully all fine :D :D
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:51 pm As Neil writes, plus

Check the actual Service Record in particular what was done c40,000 miles and what is projected to be done at its next service.

If it has a Pano make sure they checked and cleared the four drainage tubes if not have it done asap.

Check that loose items like the paper handbook/service record is in the glovebox and the First Aid kit is in the boot.

Check spare wheel compressor is behind the panel in the boot and or if there is mo spare that the inflator kit is there

Fill up the tank and enjoy the drive home via the very long scenic route ie the Dales, Lake District and Snowdonia.
Didn’t get a first aid kit in my new car…!
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

cowdray2 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:26 am

Didn’t get a first aid kit in my new car…! Found the warning triangle though…
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

cowdray2 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:26 am

Didn’t get a first aid kit in my new car…!
The first aid kit was only provided with Macan Gen1.

I had one in my SD Gen 1, but not for the GTS Gen 2. :o
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Thanks everyone - appreciate the input. Big day tomorrow - v excited!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Good luck - enjoy :D :D :D
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Hope all went well. I would have suggested check as much as you can yourself, a OPC check is only as good as the monkey checking and ticking boxes.

After 45k miles I’d be checking all the brakes, pdk service completed and no oil leaks.

Hopefully al is good for you.