Sat nav update - Mark 1 Macan 2017 model

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

Hi all,
Apologies I bet this has been covered somewhere but unable to find.

Just wondering if anyone knows how or has updated the maps for their Mk1 Macan PCM. My GTS bought new in 2017 and no map updates since. So very annoying when it fails to pick up new addresses etc.
My local OPC don't seem to have an answer.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Originally the updates were available via a DIY approach but you had to have a data SIM installed, you selected updates on the main screen.

It was always a bit flaky and could take a couple of weeks to do.

Then they stopped being available and are now only available via an OPC, but I believe that the cost to update is over £200.

Your OPC not knowing is a tad crass on their part, suggest you ring another OPC or even try an Indy.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
JBA

Post by JBA »

Thanks Col Lamb. I'll check again with the OPC and post an update here as soon as I get a definitive.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

you could get an upgrade to apple car play via an indie
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I have a 2017 Macan and subscribe to the car connect service, cost is £119pa. I have a data sim in the car and can update maps using the online service. Not sure if this will work for all 2017 year cars, mine did have connect services specified from new
vorticalspace

Post by vorticalspace »

Hi
I have a 2018 Macan with a car connect subscription.
It is possible to update the nav maps over the air.
Quickest solution is to turn off the built in phone and connect to home wifi.
Go to software updates and choose map regions you wish to update.
Can't say the PCM is very intuitive but you'll get there eventually :D
Porsche Macan S 2018 - Rhodium Silver :D
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

You don't say whether your car has Connect Services JBA. If it does, or did from new, then you should be able to renew the subscription if it has lapsed and update your maps over the air. If it does not have Connect Services then the maps would need to be updated by the OPC, for a fee as stated by Col.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
JBA

Post by JBA »

Hi all, thanks. My car does not have Connect services so over the air updates are out. I chased the OPC today and they will shortly come back with the options and price to update. I'll post on here again once I know. Thanks again for your help all.
mikegally

Post by mikegally »

Hi JBA,
I'm not certain but last I heard the most recent maps were from 2020/2021meaning they will virtually be 2 years out of date the moment you get the update.
My Pal has a 2017 Macan and 2 weeks ago he got Apple carplay installed remotely by one of the guys on the 'other' Macan forum so his PCM4.0 now has full screen satnav via google maps and/or Waze via his phone, its fab and cost about £150 for the remote install.

Just wondering whether you have considered Carplay or Android Auto as an alternative.
mike
Mike993

Post by Mike993 »

+1 for Apple Car Play! Currently touring from Caen down to Dordogne and onto Bordeaux on our recently purchased 2018 GTS and Google Maps have been invaluable, not to mention Spotify and phone connectivity.

A 2016 car we considered buying from an OPC didn’t have it but they did say it could be updated.
2018 GTS Jet Metallic Black with full black leather.