Gen 3 live traffic updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

THHGTTG wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:02 pm I don’t know if there has been an update but the “predictive” navigation gave me 2 routes today rather than the usual 1, and they were both colour coded based the amount of traffic on each route and each route showed all the traffic works etc and also showed the RAG status on the map on each of the routes it was offering. So I’m guessing mine is working as designed. Bit of a turn-up for the books!
Do you have a Gen 3, or a Gen 2?
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Corneyboy wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:36 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:02 pm I don’t know if there has been an update but the “predictive” navigation gave me 2 routes today rather than the usual 1, and they were both colour coded based the amount of traffic on each route and each route showed all the traffic works etc and also showed the RAG status on the map on each of the routes it was offering. So I’m guessing mine is working as designed. Bit of a turn-up for the books!
Gen 3. Dec 21
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

[/quote]

Gen 3. Dec 21
[/quote]

Thanks, and interesting. Mine is a Gen 3 Mch '22 and Navigation does not work (i.e. colour coding the road where there's jams, etc). There are a number of others (e.g. Nella) who have 2022 cars that have the same problem, but I've read several who have 2021 Gen 3's that are OK - so it seems to be a problem with Gen 3 2022 cars. This tends to back up the other story that I've heard that it is a licencing problem - seems Porsche didn't pay for the licence for 2022!
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21
New User

Post by New User »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:40 pm Pretty sure its not relevant but I do have internet set up on the car because I listen to a lot of internet radio.
Internet radio only works for me if the internal Sim is disabled and I use an external wifi connection. Do you mean that you have subscribed to the £19/mth Data Package or some other method?

I am stumped at the moment with no live traffic and none of the functionality on the myPorsche App working although the car can do searches on Google so there is some connectivity functionality there.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

New User wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:43 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:40 pm Pretty sure its not relevant but I do have internet set up on the car because I listen to a lot of internet radio.
Internet radio only works for me if the internal Sim is disabled and I use an external wifi connection. Do you mean that you have subscribed to the £19/mth Data Package or some other method?

I am stumped at the moment with no live traffic and none of the functionality on the myPorsche App working although the car can do searches on Google so there is some connectivity functionality there.
Yep, I rather stupidly pay the insane cost for the Porsche data package. Pretty sure it doesn’t make any difference to the sat nav. You can pay for just one month if you wanted to try it, but I’ll cost you £20

Pretty sure all the features worked for me without the data package, including all the google search options. Does the weather app work on yours or the rain radar?
Nella

Post by Nella »

From the OPC ditch the data pack as everything except updates after two years runs off your phone/CarPlay, that’s assuming you have a phone.

The map on my car that now works is basically Google so if you have CarPlay running all the data comes off your phone. Ie If you change destination on your phone whilst in the car it simultaneously changes the destination on the PCM screen so must be getting the data from there.

I’m guessing maps will still work after two years so still not sure if it’s worth buying the £159 or whatever it is package after that date???

I will update other thread
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nella wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:34 am From the OPC ditch the data pack as everything except updates after two years runs off your phone/CarPlay, that’s assuming you have a phone.

The map on my car that now works is basically Google so if you have CarPlay running all the data comes off your phone. Ie If you change destination on your phone whilst in the car it simultaneously changes the destination on the PCM screen so must be getting the data from there.

I’m guessing maps will still work after two years so still not sure if it’s worth buying the £159 or whatever it is package after that date???

But us Android users need to rely on the PCM Navigation for a built-in convenient experience
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Nella

Post by Nella »

pmg wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:43 am
Nella wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:34 am From the OPC ditch the data pack as everything except updates after two years runs off your phone/CarPlay, that’s assuming you have a phone.

But us Android users need to rely on the PCM Navigation for a built-in convenient experience
I understand. I was forced to get an iPhone to have traffic on the sat nav and wouldn’t have bothered other wise.

Funny how the Porsche is quite a job to set up. I drive lots of JLR cars at work and they are a bloody pain as I get into different cars and they automatically link to your phones and before you know it you have private calls and messages appearing in work cars that need to be deleted when you finish with those vehicles. JLR maps are Shyte compared to the Google one on the Porsche though?!?!?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Switch your phone's blue tooth off! Putting it on is probably only two clicks, it'll save a little battery and then you can control when and what it connects to.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nella

Post by Nella »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:39 pm Switch your phone's blue tooth off! Putting it on is probably only two clicks, it'll save a little battery and then you can control when and what it connects to.
Thanks for that!!!!!

Run several phones and other bits of kit so I do try to remember but not always!!!!!

;-)