Build allocations only

All your ordering information here!
Cobnapint

Post by Cobnapint »

Strange one. A quick Google says their kit is made in the United States, China, Mexico, and Malaysia. Are the Chinese limiting components? Don't know.

Another thing I didn't know, Bose are American, I thought they were German 🤔
MY23 Macan S
2012 Cayenne Diesel
2009 997.2 C4S Cab pdk
2006 997.1 C2S Man
2006 SLK 350 (factory collect)
2004 350Z
1999 Audi TT 225
1990 944 Turbo (250)
1990 Celica GT4

TimL

Post by TimL »

Cobnapint wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:59 pm Strange one. A quick Google says their kit is made in the United States, China, Mexico, and Malaysia. Are the Chinese limiting components? Don't know.

Another thing I didn't know, Bose are American, I thought they were German 🤔
SE said they had supply (of chips/parts) to fulfil existing orders but not new orders according to a Porsche HQ bulletin. Option was taken down on or around 4 August. I guess unless they have confirmed supply better to take the option off the configurator rather than p**s people off thinking they will get it and then their car arrives without it.
2023 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (Porsche Code PRZ7RJN9)
Sold: 2023 Macan S Gentian Blue (Porsche Code PP6NHQK0)
Sold: 2021 Macan S Volcano Grey (Porsche Code PL2HKD85)
New User

Post by New User »

Whilst there may be some disappointment about Bose, I can assure you that the standard fit is a premium system, the Bose is a premium system with surround sound and a cheap subwoofer and Burmester is a High End system with surround sound and an active subwoofer. There is no 'base' audio quality as you would find as standard in a UK spec BMW. I wouldn't cancel my deposit because of this option unavailability.

The standard system on the Gen3 does a good job with 24bit uncompressed audio fed from the USB and the only format it doesn't like is 192kbit/s DSD but that is a bit esoteric. For typical 16bit audio streamed or stored it sounds very good.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

New User wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:54 am Whilst there may be some disappointment about Bose, I can assure you that the standard fit is a premium system, the Bose is a premium system with surround sound and a cheap subwoofer and Burmester is a High End system with surround sound and an active subwoofer. There is no 'base' audio quality as you would find as standard in a UK spec BMW. I wouldn't cancel my deposit because of this option unavailability.

The standard system on the Gen3 does a good job with 24bit uncompressed audio fed from the USB and the only format it doesn't like is 192kbit/s DSD but that is a bit esoteric. For typical 16bit audio streamed or stored it sounds very good.

Great post :geek: although the salespeople in the OPCs won’t like it, as they like to brainwash folks that Bose it a must-have, whereas we wise forum contributors know that there’s no such thing as a must-have option. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

My OPC didn’t push Bose at all. I liked its sound so for the amount in question I chose it. Literally every Macan I’ve driven has had it so I don’t really know how it compares. You do have to play with the settings to get the best sound though ;)

Also, with every car driven having had it I figure it may be something buyers look for in the used car market. If it isn’t supplied on my car being built in Aug then I’ll just take the money back and ask the OPC what compensation is coming. Already have the £360 for no electric steering adjustment.
Macan S MY 2023
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Skyway wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:49 pm My OPC didn’t push Bose at all. I liked its sound so for the amount in question I chose it. Literally every Macan I’ve driven has had it so I don’t really know how it compares. You do have to play with the settings to get the best sound though ;)

Also, with every car driven having had it I figure it may be something buyers look for in the used car market. If it isn’t supplied on my car being built in Aug then I’ll just take the money back and ask the OPC what compensation is coming. Already have the £360 for no electric steering adjustment.
Is your being delivered as MY23 model? Mine is and showing September completion. Should I be eligible for the £360 refund too? I order August last year so been hit with 2 price increases and not mention of this refund from OPC. Something I should bring up with them?
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah, MY23 and final build using that configurator was made at the OPC, and yes they are still honouring the £360 for the steering :)
Macan S MY 2023
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

martinto8 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:26 pm
Skyway wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:49 pm My OPC didn’t push Bose at all. I liked its sound so for the amount in question I chose it. Literally every Macan I’ve driven has had it so I don’t really know how it compares. You do have to play with the settings to get the best sound though ;)

Is your being delivered as MY23 model? Mine is and showing September completion. Should I be eligible for the £360 refund too? I order August last year so been hit with 2 price increases and not mention of this refund from OPC. Something I should bring up with them?
I have been informed by my OPC that any old prices held or refunds/compensations that were agreed for MY22 will not carry over to any MY23 cars.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:40 pm Yeah, MY23 and final build using that configurator was made at the OPC, and yes they are still honouring the £360 for the steering :)
Which OPC? EDZ and I have the same interest...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
azmj

Post by azmj »

EDZ wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:41 pm
martinto8 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:26 pm

I have been informed by my OPC that any old prices held or refunds/compensations that were agreed for MY22 will not carry over to any MY23 cars.
I was told the same when I locked my spec in June as I asked the question then.
For the MY23 they removed the electric steering altogether so eliminating any need to compensate as the standard spec is now different.
If you had a MY22 model then yes you would get the refund as its part of that standard spec.

Elsewhere with Porsche - LED lights are also unavailable on the GT4 now - wonder if this will also filter onto other models such as the Macan.
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone