Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

GTB wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:30 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:37 pm ^^^ presumably because they’ll hope some people wont notice, so that saves money. Lots of people buy Porsche’s and hardly ever drive them so may not notice realtime traffic isn’t working.

Plus, of course, a recall is an admission of liability. Also its not a safety issue
THHGTTG,

To me the car is for driving, my car is now just 25 days old and already has 2873 miles on it and Im enjoying the driving so far as I go about the country, so Essex, Surrey, Manchester, Sheffield and Northumbria all been destinations, I had somebody in I believe a Crayon coloured 71 plate Macan pass me on the M18 near Jnc 1 Southbound last Sunday evening and gave a friendly wave :D :D

I agree recall is an admission of liability, but it is a safety issue for me, as my bloody blood pressure and temper goes up that much when I come across slow traffic and roads closed I didnt know about, especially overnight works.

Anyway hope it all gets sorted soon, and if it was another forum member that passed me on the M18 last Sunday evening I very much appreaciated the kind gesture.

Cheers GTB
yeah, i had intended driving mine lots ( used to drive 30,000 miles a year ) but a change of employer and Covid changing how my industry works ( for now. It will change back again before long ) means I’ve only done 5000 miles in the last 7 months. Plus my son drives me around a lot more these days which is actually quite nice after years of driving him around.

Love the point about the safety issue but sadly I don’t think Porsche care a lot about our collective blood pressure. I think a brief shufty through this forum proves that.

I hope it gets sorted for everyone, and I hope in making changes Porsche don’t bugger it up on mine, which works just fine.

Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

Any further updates from anyone regarding changes to software versions that have had this issue fixed by the OPC. I had the standard email from Porsche GB and sent them the details they requested but so far not received a reply.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
Nella

Post by Nella »

My car goes in tomorrow so I will update as soon as I know what’s done. The guy today said it was a software update. No idea why that will take two days though.
Unfortunately they still haven’t received the replacement b post from the factory so it will have to go back a third time!!!
:x
Nella

Post by Nella »

Sat nav traffic updates issue is fixed apparently and I will pick it up Friday. OPC said it was a software update carried in house.

I will post when I get it back.
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

My car is going in Friday for the same .... fingers crossed :-)
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Nella wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:49 pm Sat nav traffic updates issue is fixed apparently and I will pick it up Friday. OPC said it was a software update carried in house.

I will post when I get it back.
Well done. Fingers crossed its all sorted now.
Nella

Post by Nella »

IT WORKS!!!!!

Turned it in an nothing was showing then a few seconds later BOOM the traffic all appeared!!!

Just about to start road trip to Scotland so will see how it goes!!!!

13FBE8A5-3E64-4887-86B4-DE2529FDCCAF.jpeg

Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

Nella wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:39 am IT WORKS!!!!!

Turned it in an nothing was showing then a few seconds later BOOM the traffic all appeared!!!

Any screenshots of the software versions page so we can see if there are any differences?
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Nella wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:39 am IT WORKS!!!!!

You ought to clean your PCM screen and surround before your trip to Scotland!! 🤣
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
GTB

Post by GTB »

Nella,

Thats a good outcome, and good luck with the trip north and the live traffic info is all up to speed!

I received a call from Porsche UK yesterday indicating the service ticket raised on the live traffic issue had been sent to Germany, who now have confirmed back that "Yes" my car is one of the ones affected with "software issue". As such Germany have instructed Porsche UK to get my OPC to call me and get the car booked in for a software upgrade.

So Im waiting on the call from my OPC. Bit dissapointing though with a car only 4 weeks old if there is a known software issue with the Gen3 cars why not just email/write to every owner and indicate they can F.O.C get an update at their OPC. Saves lots of individual calls for sure.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0