Macan Turbo for sale 2018/18

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

It’s definitely the warranty that holds people off. I sold my Macan S last Nov, initially I had zero interest, but I bit the bullet and added a years warranty and I sold it for £700 over the asking price.
I think people just don’t want to spend £50k and have that risk.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Woollyjoe

Post by Woollyjoe »

The data is telling you the car is priced too high. Your 10k more than the supermarket buyers and bar one response, no interest in for sale.

In short - you do need to drop your price.

There is little chance you can achieve the trade sell price also. The car is a nice example, but doesn’t stand out to motivate a buyer to buy privately.

The warranty will help, but equally Many Porsche buyers want the OPC experience. Especially on the Macan which is the highest volume car Porsche do.

The market is also cooling off - less trading and dropping prices. I’d call around the OPCs and established premium sales houses and ask for prices. Then you know you can only achieve slightly higher than what they are offering. At best. They trade cars for a living so they know.

All my opinion.
pmg

Post by pmg »

GWL wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:03 pm If you're going to keep it - get a warranty
If you're going to sell it - get a warranty

In 2019 I bought a 2015 Macan Turbo with 24k miles and 6 month's warranty from a private dealer. I extended the (non-Porsche) warranty by 3 years at a cost of £1550. The car has now done 45k miles.
The sort of issues a Macan buyer will have in mind are :
  • Transfer box (mine's been ok so far)
  • Timing chain cover oil-leak (just had this done at OPC, changing the bolts sorted it, £1200. If leak had persisted, next step was engine out, £8k)
  • Front Drive shafts/CV joints failing (had this done at OPC, £1600)
  • Check sunroof drains & carry out "modification" £300 (I'd had no water ingress problem but it was strongly recommended as I was going to take out another warranty)
  • New brake-pads & discs all-round (had this done last year, £2k)
My warrant paid for the drive-shafts. Ironically the oil-leak would have been paid for only if the engine had to come out.
Also, in my just over 3yrs of ownership I've averaged 22mpg using Super-unleaded which is now £2 a litre.

On Monday, I took out a Porsche warranty which cost £320 for the 111 point check plus £1520 for 2 years warranty. (I was also told my oil-leak problem would have been paid for with the Porsche warranty, engine out or not)

I may change the car in the next year or so, but at least I & the next owner (if I sell privately) will have peace of mind. (If I trade the car in I get a pro-rata rebate on the warranty)

Sorry the above is a bit long winded, but it may give you some insight into what potential buyers are thinking when it comes to price.
Whilst i agree with warranty cover having a large impact on price obtainable and a market expectation on a complicated £40 K car, "New brake-pads & discs all-round" are wear and tear and would not be covered by warranty.

I also thing expecting retail showroom prices for a private sale is a mistake. The purchase form private market is now very small for this class and price of car with few cash buyers. I suspect it has a level not much above trade and that of Motorway and wbac etc
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Jimmyjampot

Post by Jimmyjampot »

Message for Nuclear Nick,
I bought a Macan Turbo (Sept 16) last year which had done 15k, from an Audi dealer in Carlisle. Is this by any chance the same car?
It has just about every optional extra.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jimmyjampot wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:57 am Message for Nuclear Nick,
I bought a Macan Turbo (Sept 16) last year which had done 15k, from an Audi dealer in Carlisle. Is this by any chance the same car?
It has just about every optional extra.
I sold mine back to the original supplying dealership in Bristol, but don’t know where it went after that. It had a few options on it, including the Turbo Interior, but certainly didn’t have ‘every available option’.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Jimmyjampot

Post by Jimmyjampot »

I know the owner chopped it in for a new RS6 which is why an Audi dealer had it. Doesn’t sound like your previous car.
Thanks for swift reply.
jonnykk

Post by jonnykk »

Quick update….this car now has a 3 year Porsche warranty. I decided to bite the bullet and get it fully inspected and an extended warranty which would be transferable to any new owner. Our car search has changed slightly in that we’re now not sure what we’re looking for so I’m happy to keep the Macan for the next year or two if necessary but also willing to sell should I get a suitable offer.
I’ll get some new pics posted once I’ve had a chance to give it a good clean….without using a hosepipe of course!!
GTS deposit paid - still playing around with configuration!!
Current - Macan Turbo 2018/18 Volcano Grey
Previous - Cayman GTS - 2019 Miami Blue
Others - RRS, Audi S5, Audi S3, Mini JCW, Nissan 350Z, Nissan 200SX
jonnykk

Post by jonnykk »

I’m now offering this car for sale for £45,000 for a quick sale. It has the three year Porsche warranty until September 2025.
I realise that a 45k private sale in the current economic climate is a little optimistic but the cost saving over similar from a franchise dealer with only a 1 year warranty would be significant.
New pics will be posted in due course when weather permits.
jonnykk

Post by jonnykk »

Due to an imminent new purchase and deal agreed I am offering this car for £43,000 OVNO for a quick sale. It’s currently advertised on AT for £45,950 but will shortly be reduced to match. To confirm, this vehicle comes with a 3 year transferable Porsche warranty.
I appreciate times are not great for a 40k + private sale but it’s a good opportunity for anyone that is in the market for a nice spec Turbo.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I hope you get a good price for it, but unfortunately I think the private sale market is small. I am not sure I would buy for this amount of money on a private sale - although I am sure the car is good. Just that I would feel happier buying from a dealer. Sadly I think the dealers are currently in quite a strong position and selling second hand cars privately in this price range is not easy. But Good luck!