Porsche Experience Day at Silverstone

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

pstrat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:22 am Question for those that have done the day, can you share the driving with your guest?

My wife is coming with me on the 26th and we both wanted to drive the car, given it'll be our family car.

Is this allowed?
Yes, i shared mine with my son. They are very accommodating. Make sure you both bring your driving license.

Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

pstrat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:22 am Question for those that have done the day, can you share the driving with your guest?

My wife is coming with me on the 26th and we both wanted to drive the car, given it'll be our family car.

Is this allowed?
Yes it generally is. Rules were a bit different during covid but they seem to be back to normal now. Best thing to do is call them and let them know what you want to do and discuss vehicles because they’re very helpful and accommodating. Last year I had a Cayenne on order but spent the day in a 911 S4. It’s a great way to spend a day.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Yes, but I suggest that you contact them in advance to make this clear. Also check to see if you both need to show your driving licenses.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Thanks all!

We're booked for a GTS for the day (same as the car we have on order). I wanted both of us to drive so sounds like that will be possible. Will make sure we both bring our driving licenses on the day and will prep them ahead of time.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Been 3 times, each one great first with wife all morning in macan of differant specs, second with brother did all the differant cars on differant tracks, 911, boxter, panamara, both 4 X, and the cup 911, day three with son out on the road in 4 differant cars, then on the track.
enjoy the day what ever you do.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I did the PEC this morning and got to experience driving the Macan S in ways it is impossible to replicate on the road. Make sure you use your invites ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4752

Skyway wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:24 pm I did the PEC this morning and got to experience driving the Macan S in ways it is impossible to replicate on the road. Make sure you use your invites ;)
Then kick-plate is cool.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Loved the simulated ice road and the max acceleration and max braking too, not too mention the emergency parking brake stop. Very impressed with the car on all counts, not to mention it’s handling on the track.

Just good to understand the cars true capability which are all unlikely in the real world. Very enjoyable.
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4752

Skyway wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:32 pm Loved the simulated ice road and the max acceleration and max braking too, not too mention the emergency parking brake stop. Very impressed with the car on all counts, not to mention it’s handling on the track.

Just good to understand the cars true capability which are all unlikely in the real world. Very enjoyable.
Is quite staggering how quick the macan will stop. And changing lanes whilst stamping on the anchors with all your might just feels wrong. Works though.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Accelerating down that straight with what seemed no space to brake on the first run was almost frightening. The way the car stopped so quickly, totally straight and with hazards automatically engaged was staggeringly good as you say.
Macan S MY 2023