Viewing a Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb
Posts: 8062
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Post by Col Lamb » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:22 pm

Further thoughts.

2016 was a year of changes from what was basically Generation 1A to Gen 1B.

A different main LCD panel, the inclusion of Apple Car Play was introduced.

Certain options were included as standard ie mobile phone connections, rear seat heating zone

The Bose system also changed with the latter half of 2016 models having imo a much superior system.

Mid 2016 there was supply issues on certain items and one particular problem was from fuel leaks which caused delays and recalls in certain countries, here the problem was quietly fixed at the first service following.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

BigBill
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:51 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by BigBill » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:31 pm

The viewing and test drive went well and after a bit of negotiation I paid a deposit and hopefully I'll pick up the Macan later this week once a few little jobs are completed.

Most recent service was done in Dec 21 so next one not due till Dec 23 and gearbox service carried out at 42k miles. Warranty till 2024 should take care of any issues that may arise.

I'm looking forward to my introduction to Porsche ownership and thanks again for all the hints and tips.

Cheshire Cat
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Cheshire Cat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:21 pm

Assuming it's a petrol, you will need 99 Octane fuel which is a tad more expensive than 95 octane and has 5% Ethanol instead of 10%. Some fuels, such as Esso have no Ethanol which is a good thing.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 17019
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:44 pm

BigBill wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:31 pm
The viewing and test drive went well and after a bit of negotiation I paid a deposit and hopefully I'll pick up the Macan later this week once a few little jobs are completed.

Most recent service was done in Dec 21 so next one not due till Dec 23 and gearbox service carried out at 42k miles. Warranty till 2024 should take care of any issues that may arise.

I'm looking forward to my introduction to Porsche ownership and thanks again for all the hints and tips.

Congrats, Bill, and welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Feel free to post pics of your Macan when you get it!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

BigBill
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:51 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by BigBill » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:34 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:44 pm
BigBill wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:31 pm
The viewing and test drive went well and after a bit of negotiation I paid a deposit and hopefully I'll pick up the Macan later this week once a few little jobs are completed.

Most recent service was done in Dec 21 so next one not due till Dec 23 and gearbox service carried out at 42k miles. Warranty till 2024 should take care of any issues that may arise.

I'm looking forward to my introduction to Porsche ownership and thanks again for all the hints and tips.

Congrats, Bill, and welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Feel free to post pics of your Macan when you get it!

Cheers,

A couple of very poor quality pictures I took after the test drive. Looks far better in the flesh

Macan 5.jpg

Macan 3.jpg

Macan 4.jpg


User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 17019
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:36 pm

Looks great! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Didipots
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by Didipots » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:26 pm

Congratulations. I really like the red leather.

Col Lamb
Posts: 8062
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Post by Col Lamb » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:39 pm

Great colour Volcano.

Strange though how the red interior changes colour, seen Macans with all shades of red as their interiors.

Mine in the image is in my Turbo and is called Garnet as it was in the 2015 built S that I had prior, its looks a darker shade than yours.

9D1938C8-7C29-417A-A0E0-ADE153C21587.jpeg

Enjoy your motor.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

BigBill
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:51 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by BigBill » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:13 pm

Col Lamb wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:39 pm
Great colour Volcano.

Strange though how the red interior changes colour, seen Macans with all shades of red as their interiors.

Mine in the image is in my Turbo and is called Garnet as it was in the 2015 built S that I had prior, its looks a darker shade than yours.

9D1938C8-7C29-417A-A0E0-ADE153C21587.jpeg

Enjoy your motor.

Hi Col,

I think it's possibly just the poor camera on my phone that makes the red look a bit lighter/brighter than it actually is. It is Garnet Red and to be honest when I was looking the red interior was putting me off a bit but after viewing it I think it definitely adds to the look of the interior

GTB
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:49 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by GTB » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:17 pm

BigBill,

Great car and I hope you enjoy many happy and safe motoring miles in the car when you pick it up.

The forum has lots of great advice and I have found it really helpful.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0

Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post