Swissvax application

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

I had mine done when new and the price included a re-application a year later with courtesy car for the day (which was a Panamera). Can’t compare with other ceramic coatings but I was happy with it. The advantage is that if there’s any warranty argument with Porsche about paint (unlikely, I suppose) they can’t object to the Swissvax.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Never ever have your car washed at a Dealership or have coatings applied. It takes a good day to correctly prepare the vehicle for the coating and, in the case of Ceramic Coating, 24 hours to cure. Just my opinion.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Racer75

Post by Racer75 »

Thanks a lot for all these comments - I took out the Swissvax from the invoice and will get the coating done by a detailer. Soon is pick-up time, so much looking forward!
Macan S - ordered Oct 21; delivered July 22; Code PN8M9C69
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Racer75 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:35 pm Thanks a lot for all these comments - I took out the Swissvax from the invoice and will get the coating done by a detailer. Soon is pick-up time, so much looking forward!
Good choice - and avoid Swissvax products full stop - they are garbage.
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Having mine ceramic coated on 23rd April by a recommended local detailer using GTechniq products. Also bought a Race glaze water filter for final rinse when washing car.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

petew0557 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:29 pm Having mine ceramic coated on 23rd April by a recommended local detailer using GTechniq products. Also bought a Race glaze water filter for final rinse when washing car.
I use race glaze as well, I don’t think it’s quite as good as drying your car but it’s a good alternative to water marks by doing nothing.
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

I still dry after the Race Glaze rinse but don't have to rush it like I used to because of hard water spots
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

BanZ wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:54 pm
Racer75 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:35 pm Thanks a lot for all these comments - I took out the Swissvax from the invoice and will get the coating done by a detailer. Soon is pick-up time, so much looking forward!
My used Macan had Swissvax applied when new and, whilst the finish wasn’t up to a ceramic standard, IMHO, it has held up well. Also, I use the Swissvax tyre dressing, and I’m very pleased with the result.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

AllanG wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:31 am
BanZ wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:54 pm
My used Macan had Swissvax applied when new and, whilst the finish wasn’t up to a ceramic standard, IMHO, it has held up well. Also, I use the Swissvax tyre dressing, and I’m very pleased with the result.
I bought a pack of Swissvax products and have subsequently bought products from other vendors particularly chemical guys and the results have been vastly different. This isn’t just Swissvax isn’t the best bang for buck it’s not the best product at 4x the price.