Quickest route to a Gen 3 GTS!

All your ordering information here!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

HertsMacan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:48 am The thing to remember is that the current supply chain issues will ease and not last forever. It may be 6 months, maybe 18, but it will eventually go back to some sort of normal waiting time. When that happens, the certainty is that the "premium" paid by people who couldn't wait and bought second hand will immediately vanish from their car's value, and once the "normal" amount of depreciation is factored in, the overall cost of ownership will make the eyes water. This is the case with all second hand cars at the moment especially nearly new ones. If you have enough money that you simply don't care, fine go for the insanely priced second hand one. I, unfortunately, are not in that category and therefore cannot bring myself to pay these unsustainable prices only to take a massive hit in a couple of years time. If you want to be careful with your investment, order a new S, I think the delivery times will reduce over the next few months as they appear to now be filtering through. Also order a GTS and part ex the S when it arrives 12 months later or so. The S will not lose that much money over the first 12 months and you won't be losing the premium paid on the nearly new GTS.

That's my thinking anyway, only I will be doing it with the EV Macan if I like the look of it when it comes out. Otherwise the S will be a keeper for many many years.

S ordered 24.11.21 and expected delivery 24.09.22 - I think I got bumped in the waiting list!!!!
Your S will gain money in 12months time not lose it…

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

HertsMacan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:48 am
S ordered 24.11.21 and expected delivery 24.09.22 - I think I got bumped in the waiting list!!!!
I ordered my new S in January 22, been led to expect it in December, very similar schedule.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

Completely agree with HertsMacan - any premium paid now will ultimately be lost as supply and demand eventually returns to ‘normal’ (doesn’t change the fact that the Macan will continue to hold its value better than almost every other car, but just not the current ‘extra’ premium).

It turns out there was another excellent way of getting a new GTS almost immediately for rrp - Stockport Porsche had a number of new vehicles arrive into stock late last week inc one Macan GTS. High spec, absolutely perfect for me. £86k for £86k’s worth of new Macan. Stockport then can’t sell at an inflated price because it is new. However…. as soon as they put on the website, it sold within an hour and I missed it. Great result for whoever managed to get it. They had a few I believe but when I checked yesterday, only a couple of Taycans left.

My takeaways… this was almost certainly a one off and I don’t see it happening again any time soon (Stockport confirmed they are the only dealer to get this they think and they only had one and aren’t expecting any more). Stockport is an honourable dealership - they could have registered it and then sold as used for more. I will put a deposit down but with no rush and hope the supply chain issues resolve over the coming year.
TK421

Post by TK421 »

For the record Porsche produce 10% less than market demand which gives strong residuals, regardless of this The Macan has always held is value well. Now with the ICE version being phased out the last GTS Gen 3’s I think will retain their value even better. I’ve no doubt prices will remain strong (gaining over list in most cases) as demand increases even further once production ceases. All speculation and only Time will tell.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7