Changes to spec???

All your ordering information here!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

My OPC invited me in at lock in to view my finalised spec on a big screen and we went through it line by line. At the end of the process she then produced a whole new code, printed it off for me to check and sign.

I’m presuming not all do this.
Macan S MY 2023

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Skyway wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:42 pm My OPC invited me in at lock in to view my finalised spec on a big screen and we went through it line by line. At the end of the process she then produced a whole new code, printed it off for me to check and sign.

I’m presuming not all do this.
Mine did this the first time, but seemed to lose interest by the 18th or 19th time I changed it, can’t think why……
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

This happened to me in May. I had a May build slot (a cancelled order, so I flew up the queue) but production was still halted at the time so I was told the car wouldn’t actually be built in May and that the SE would be back in touch when he knew more. A few weeks later, I emailed an updated Porsche code to get new finance figures and got a panicked phone call saying my car had already been built!!! The SE was shocked too as the last time he’d checked the status, there was no freeze date yet. Anyway, the spec was a very bare bones version of what I actually want, so I chose to decline the car. I went back into the queue (back to my original spot, so no harm done I suppose, just frustrating as I could have had my car before the price increase :cry:) and now have a new build slot for next month. I got a phone call today asking me to come into my OPC next week to finalise my spec.

OP, I would expect your OPC to find you a new build slot ASAP. You need to be their top priority as they have massively blundered this for you. I can’t believe you were ignored despite consistent chasing. Shocking. I’d talk to the business manager at your OPC also to make clear exactly how poor your experience has been. Reject the car. They will have no problem selling it to someone else. My messed up order was quickly snapped up by a couple who were happy to compromise on some options in order to get a new car without the wait. Definitely don’t accept a car in this price range unless you are 100% happy with it.
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It is always good to have a basic spec with ones own Must Haves that you can call up and add to.

This is a S with my own Must Haves

ACE500BE-A19B-4A79-9960-DF8745967C3D.png

£6234 in options.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:02 pm
£6234 in options.
Quite restrained...
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)