GLA A35 AMC 4matic

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Not abandoning the compact market though, just changing the platform so they can be EV or hybrid.
Obviously makes sense given that EV will be the dominant powertrain in the near future?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

pmg

Post by pmg »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:46 am Not abandoning the compact market though, just changing the platform so they can be EV or hybrid.
Obviously makes sense given that EV will be the dominant powertrain in the near future?
I would hardly describe the CLA saloon and coupes as "compact". If the hatch goes that is withdrawing from a sector of the market.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

pmg wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:13 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:46 am Not abandoning the compact market though, just changing the platform so they can be EV or hybrid.
I would hardly describe the CLA saloon and coupes as "compact". If the hatch goes that is withdrawing from a sector of the market.
The exact words from the article below:

“The German car maker is not abandoning the compact car segment completely, though. In the future, it intends to concentrate production around successor models to today’s Mercedes-Benz CLA saloon (and CLA Shooting Brake), Mercedes-Benz GLA and Mercedes-Benz GLB, according to the Handelsblatt report.”

It will be successor models to CLA etc, presumably keeping a toe in this part of the market but in EV form.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I knew I had read it somewhere before, I wasn't going crazy after all! :lol:
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I don’t know if I have been spoilt with a couple of Macan’s but its not just Mercedes that have dubious quality issues.

By quality I am meaning the visual look of the materials used.

Internally 1 series Beamers both saloon and X varieties are pretty crap in the looks department.

Audi are a bit better.

The majority look like the interiors have been put together using recycled yoghurt containers.

Must be getting fussy in my old age.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Problem is they often are recycled yoghurt containers and the car companies think it’s great to promote this as sustainable and charge a premium for it. Won’t be long before we’re back to wicker seats.
Macan S MY 2023
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Audi's interiors are much simpler and less 'flashy' - both Merc and BMW have got all sorts of funky overdesigned bits of trim, lights like a Christmas tree on every surface, gloss black plastic and brushed silver plastic everywhere.

Audi's are mostly black leather and black soft touch plastic. It's easier to do simple better, but perhaps the other two are doing complex bad.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:26 pm Audi's interiors are much simpler and less 'flashy' - both Merc and BMW have got all sorts of funky overdesigned bits of trim, lights like a Christmas tree on every surface, gloss black plastic and brushed silver plastic everywhere.

Audi's are mostly black leather and black soft touch plastic. It's easier to do simple better, but perhaps the other two are doing complex bad.
Depends on the range. I’ve owned 2 Audi’s and generally really like them, but test drove a Q4 eTron and the interior was horrible, really cheap and nasty. I told the sales lady who said several people had said the same thing after test drives. I’’m sure they’re not all like that though. I guess its because the Q4 is basic just an ID4 in a posh suit.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Problem with EVs is that they are so heavy to start with they then have cheapen all the trim and internals otherwise the range would be even more crap then it already is ;)
Macan S MY 2023