Air Con - Gen 3

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah very true.
Macan S MY 2023

jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

My Gen 3 GTS has came out the factory with this fault it seems... booked in next week.
crockers

Post by crockers »

My Golf GTi. 6 years old. No faults
My Volvo XC60 4 years old. No faults.

But

Reading Volvo and GTi forums I’d run a mile. Forums are full of peoples cars faults. Either to moan or to ask for advice.

Oh I had a Mercedes’ that was always in the dealers. Turbos keep blowing. Big end bearing went. On 4th Volvo no issues. Hoping the Macan will be the same.
MacTurbo58

Post by MacTurbo58 »

Hi All, I bought a 2021 Macan Turbo back in February, and since the hot weather (May time) I noticed the AC was not working, I since realised that it seems to work when temperatures are below 24 degrees in/out but once the car becomes an oven the AC starts blowing hot air, whatever I have set. It has now been to two Porsche dealers (same group) on UK south coast both did diagnostics and said the car showed no error codes and it was working fine! However when I went back and sat in car with technician it was working, but I turned the car off got out and back in started the car and thank goodness the fault showed itself, hot air. So they now witnessed the issue, given this dealer was 35 miles away from my home I did not leave it there as I also had an appointment with my local dealer two weeks later. I asked the first to update the service records of the car but my local dealer said it reported no fault found, so after explaining they understood the fault had been seen. So what did they do, yes a diagnostics test and guess what, yep no error codes found and AC was working fine. They gave me loads of waffle that they had reprogrammed the AC modules etc. It must be noted that the weather had cooled and the temp was around 21 degrees.
Two days later while shopping it happened again on a very hot day, so I drove straight to my local dealer, left car running and asked for a technician to witness, he came out, opened door and took a step back as the heat hit him. SO he was in agreement, the two AC pipes under bonnet were both very hot!
So we went into service to arrange a date to see the car, where he told the lady it needed to have a diagnostics at which point I lost it a bit, I said they had done a diagnostics two days previous and it was now time they started working back through components as errors were not being reported. Initially booked car in on a Thursday so they could have over weekend two which I asked if the workshops were open, of course they are not so I said they could have the car on a Monday and keep for a full working week!! I now have to wait till end of July (2023)
I traded in a new Merc GLC AMG43 for this Macan, and have to say the quality and drive in the Porsche is much more superior but no AC !!!!!