Macan EV

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

pmg wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:59 am
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:12 am
Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:52 am
Still mulling over whether to go the used route but prices are still very strong - hoping that they stabilise and create a bit more value 🤞
It's a tricky situation as it's a big ticket item however, I'd be more concerned if they have further cancellations. But you've got time to consider your options; unless those cancellations become real and you end up with a 2022 build slot 😊
The Torygraph thinks 911 s are a used bargain at the moment as they reckon their prices are in the top ten for percentage fall.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice ... s-buy-now/
the benefit of getting your car on a lease; if values go up you can sell it to WBAC ( et el ) and make some money back, if prices tank you just hand it back to Porsche and let them worry about it. Of course you are paying more for it ultimately but its quite a good option for the risk adverse.

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

70k ? That will be the second set of batteries surely.............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
azmj

Post by azmj »

neilj007 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:39 am
GWL wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:26 pm A friend of mine working for a large car franchise group (which includes a few Porsche outlets) is hearing that the 1st model of Macan EV will be around the £100k mark.

A couple of asides :

I test drove a Volvo C40 Recharge (all Electric, 404 BHP) and the acceleration was phenomenal (made me almost laugh out loud)

I have watched a number of videos on You Tube recently made by disgruntled EV owners (e.g. Audi e-tron) who are getting rid of their EVs because the charging network is dire. One of them could no longer take the anxiety he was developing every time he was going to a charging station, where many chargers would be out of order, or unable to take payment and the process usually took an hour - 1/2 hour queueing, 1/2 hr charging (Not to mention the hassle from his wife questioning his sanity in buying an EV now rather than in 5 years time).

With EV cars generally £10,000 more than the ICE equivalent and a crap charging network , I don't see how the Gov't. is going to stop ICE sales by 2030 :roll:

I know my Gen 1 Turbo is expensive to run, but with the cost to change on top of the above issues, I'm sticking with it for now.
That's why my Taycan went...whilst the infrastructure is improving, nowhere near as fast as EV uptake. It was a fantastic car mind you...
I'd like a range of well in excess of 400 before I reconsider...
Range of 400+ would be brilliant, I personally don't see the upcoming Macan EV exceeding the LR Model Y range.
What was the real world mileage you achieved in the Taycan per charge?
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

azmj wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:46 pm
neilj007 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:39 am
GWL wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:26 pm A friend of mine working for a large car franchise group (which includes a few Porsche outlets) is hearing that the 1st model of Macan EV will be around the £100k mark.

A couple of asides :

I test drove a Volvo C40 Recharge (all Electric, 404 BHP) and the acceleration was phenomenal (made me almost laugh out loud)

I have watched a number of videos on You Tube recently made by disgruntled EV owners (e.g. Audi e-tron) who are getting rid of their EVs because the charging network is dire. One of them could no longer take the anxiety he was developing every time he was going to a charging station, where many chargers would be out of order, or unable to take payment and the process usually took an hour - 1/2 hour queueing, 1/2 hr charging (Not to mention the hassle from his wife questioning his sanity in buying an EV now rather than in 5 years time).

With EV cars generally £10,000 more than the ICE equivalent and a crap charging network , I don't see how the Gov't. is going to stop ICE sales by 2030 :roll:

I know my Gen 1 Turbo is expensive to run, but with the cost to change on top of the above issues, I'm sticking with it for now.
That's why my Taycan went...whilst the infrastructure is improving, nowhere near as fast as EV uptake. It was a fantastic car mind you...
I'd like a range of well in excess of 400 before I reconsider...
Range of 400+ would be brilliant, I personally don't see the upcoming Macan EV exceeding the LR Model Y range.
What was the real world mileage you achieved in the Taycan per charge?
Winter - 230 approx. It was increasing to about 260 as the weather warmed so I would expect to see 280 on a hot summer's day
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Would aircon not reduce the range on a hot summer’s day? 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

:lol: :roll: Well...only if you have it on - knocked about 20 miles off
and you have to drive relatively frugally too
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

neilj007 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:37 am :lol: :roll: Well...only if you have it on - knocked about 20 miles off
and you have to drive relatively frugally too
“Frugally”, not familiar with that word, I must google it.

Googled it, still don’t entirely understand how it relates to driving though. Definitely not a concept that rings any bells 🤔😊.

Joking aside, my local Tesco finally broke the £2 a litre for the good petrol, which is definitely not funny. Put in roughly a third of a tank and it was about £60 🥺
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ £180 for a full tank...!?!?! :shock: :?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Interesting 🤔 Wonder how many of us would have bought a Macan if we knew about a significant rise in fuel cost on the horizon?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

averaging 45 mpg so yep would buy again :)