Macan EV

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:10 am
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:47 am The two dealers nearest me . . . one is taking (refundable) deposits and the other is keeping alist of those with 'intent'.
The dealer with the 'intent' list has got 150 on the list which is ridiculous . . . if every dealer has 150 on the waiting list there will me more Macan EV's on the road that Teslas
I would say there is going to be a lot of disappointed customers who may end up buying Tessla's or Audi ev's
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:44 am I would like to be at the front of the queue!

I presume when orders are open each dealer is allocated ‘x’ number of cars each month? Do we know if that is correct and if all dealers are allocated the same number or do some get allocated more and some get less.

Allocations will vary across OPCs. Not all OPCs are equal!

Also, other factors might come into play, besides the order in which folk express an interest or pay some kind of a deposit... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
cc3

Post by cc3 »

I have a £3k refundable deposit down think I was about 40th in the queue but dealer thinks some won’t go ahead. Since when it looks like they will be launching it into a recession plus higher interest rates so I can see actual demand slowing
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

I suspect a lot wont go ahead...............

for a variety of reasons
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Don't think I would want to be an owner of the first batch of electric Macan. They're likely to be fraught with technical issues which require tweaks and early owners will be the unpaid testers of these vehicles. Sooner wait a bit, let them iron out all the problems, improve the public charging infrastructure and make the most of the last few years of ICE motoring.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

HertsMacan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:46 pm Don't think I would want to be an owner of the first batch of electric Macan. They're likely to be fraught with technical issues which require tweaks and early owners will be the unpaid testers of these vehicles. Sooner wait a bit, let them iron out all the problems, improve the public charging infrastructure and make the most of the last few years of ICE motoring.
+1. But surely they would never release a new model unless it is fully sorted ;)
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

They have had a few years of building the Taycan so they aren’t new to EV building and the VAG Group as a whole have a lot of models.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:12 am
HertsMacan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:46 pm Don't think I would want to be an owner of the first batch of electric Macan. They're likely to be fraught with technical issues which require tweaks and early owners will be the unpaid testers of these vehicles. Sooner wait a bit, let them iron out all the problems, improve the public charging infrastructure and make the most of the last few years of ICE motoring.
+1. But surely they would never release a new model unless it is fully sorted ;)
A tad unfair, Porsche have a proven record of delivering perfectly functional technical solutions, just look a their app and satnav and tracking……oh, right. You may have a point 😳
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

There's still an extensive and growing waitlist for the Taycan. Can't see Porsche releasing the Macan EV while this is still the case. Personally I think Q1/Q2 2024 press/demo cars will be here. Q3 2024 when the public can get their hands on one. This is best case scenario imo.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MrBaozi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:47 am There's still an extensive and growing waitlist for the Taycan. Can't see Porsche releasing the Macan EV while this is still the case. Personally I think Q1/Q2 2024 press/demo cars will be here. Q3 2024 when the public can get their hands on one. This is best case scenario imo.
i think they are a very different car and possibly a different price point. I’m not sure I agree that Taycan sales will affect Macan sales ( just my opinion )