Lock in spec - 24 hours to change mind

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:22 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:09 am Drop some of the bling, especially the crests on headrests and the wheels, which have to be the most useless additions on any Porsche.

Unlike THHGTTG, I find my heated steering wheel to be the most useful inclusion of all. I regularly use it during cold days as even when the interior is up to temperature I still suffer from cold hands.

+1 on the heated steering wheel. I too tend to suffer from cold hands. I sometimes have the interior of the car cooled by aircon on a warm day, with the heated steering wheel turned on! :lol:
well that’s just weird 🤣🤣

HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:09 am Drop some of the bling, especially the crests on headrests and the wheels, which have to be the most useless additions on any Porsche.

Unlike THHGTTG, I find my heated steering wheel to be the most useful inclusion of all. I regularly use it during cold days as even when the interior is up to temperature I still suffer from cold hands.
Drop the wheels!!! I think the wheels are the single most important option, together with choice of colour, that effect the whole look of the car. Point taken on the crests, PDLS+, heated Wheel/screen and auto dimming mirrors, but the wheels!!!!!! :o :o
Deleted User 4752

HertsMacan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:11 pm

Drop the wheels!!! I think the wheels are the single most important option, together with choice of colour, that effect the whole look of the car. Point taken on the crests, PDLS+, heated Wheel/screen and auto dimming mirrors, but the wheels!!!!!! :o :o
keep the heated screen, you’ll need it in the winter when the screen fogs-up ( which it does a lot ) and its a very big screen to scrape ice off. Plus is looks really cool because it gives the screen a goldish tinge from the outside
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:55 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:22 pm

+1 on the heated steering wheel. I too tend to suffer from cold hands. I sometimes have the interior of the car cooled by aircon on a warm day, with the heated steering wheel turned on! :lol:
well that’s just weird 🤣🤣

Guilty! ;) :P :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:13 pm

keep the heated screen, you’ll need it in the winter when the screen fogs-up ( which it does a lot ) and its a very big screen to scrape ice off. Plus is looks really cool because it gives the screen a goldish tinge from the outside
Never had a "fog-up" issue in 5 years with my Macans and not garaged. Keep the airCon on Auto and you'll be fine. Also you can alter the strength of the AirCon in the PCM. I have set mine to Low and so very little noise then.

If you need to de-ice the windscreen then just press the Max AirCon button. Clears pretty quickly that way.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

SAC1 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:04 pm

Never had a "fog-up" issue in 5 years with my Macans and not garaged. Keep the airCon on Auto and you'll be fine. Also you can alter the strength of the AirCon in the PCM. I have set mine to Low and so very little noise then.

If you need to de-ice the windscreen then just press the Max AirCon button. Clears pretty quickly that way.
We’ve been round the houses on this one. You have a gen 2, right? I think there may be a difference as mine fogged up pretty much every time I drove it in the winter and adjusting the air-con or leaving on auto make zero difference . Others have said the same, so its definitely not just me ( the “leave the buttons alone” suggestion is the one that always comes up)

If you park outside and need early starts ( often around 6am for me ) the heated screen is absolutely essential.

Although, of course, frosty mornings will be a thing of the past if we all keep buying ICE Macans, apparently.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:46 pm

We’ve been round the houses on this one. You have a gen 2, right? I think there may be a difference as mine fogged up pretty much every time I drove it in the winter and adjusting the air-con or leaving on auto make zero difference . Others have said the same, so its definitely not just me ( the “leave the buttons alone” suggestion is the one that always comes up)

If you park outside and need early starts ( often around 6am for me ) the heated screen is absolutely essential.

Although, of course, frosty mornings will be a thing of the past if we all keep buying ICE Macans, apparently.
Where do you live....Aviemore?

So what are you saying.....all down to the move to haptic swiches with the Gen3.....really?

Anyone else with a Gen3 had this problem? Anyone?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I get the fog up on gen3 also - don’t know why. I don’t have heated windscreen though and it’s fine - just hit the AC Max button and it clears in a few seconds.
Deleted User 4752

BanZ wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:02 pm

I get the fog up on gen3 also - don’t know why. I don’t have heated windscreen though and it’s fine - just hit the AC Max button and it clears in a few seconds.
Thanks BanZ. With several people in the car I find the misting comes back when driving. The heated screen stops that from happening.