Lock in spec - 24 hours to change mind

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

So, I think I am finally there with the following code PPXSFN9 - tell me what you think.

My only undecided is if to go with the basic leather upgrade. I'm not convinced its really a good spend of over a grand and the standard interior don't offend me. It is, however, my only remaining dilemma. You've got to stop somewhere and I'm up to £70K with OTR costs and after a cheeky little discount. Do I go 71K or stop where I am?

Opinions appreciated.

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

HertsMacan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:22 pm So, I think I am finally there with the following code PPXSFN9 - tell me what you think.

My only undecided is if to go with the basic leather upgrade. I'm not convinced its really a good spend of over a grand and the standard interior don't offend me. It is, however, my only remaining dilemma. You've got to stop somewhere and I'm up to £70K with OTR costs and after a cheeky little discount. Do I go 71K or stop where I am?

Opinions appreciated.
I have the full leather upgrade on mine ( about £2.5k if I remember rightly ). I had a loaner recently that didn’t have it and i wouldn’t say it was a deal breaker. Only really noticed it missing from the steering wheel. That said mine still smells gloriously expensive when I get in it 7 months later with cow parts adorning almost everything
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

HertsMacan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:22 pm So, I think I am finally there with the following code PPXSFN9 - tell me what you think.

That doesn’t seem to be a valid code?
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Makanik wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:51 pm

That doesn’t seem to be a valid code?
Sorry, should be PPXS5FN9.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Opinions appreciated.
Discount at East London Porsche?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Opinions appreciated.
You are £69k + 2k tax for the OTR price FYI.

I’d take the leather personally. If you want to justify the cost drop the black model name and speed limit indicator as an option.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I had that same dilemma and added the leather upgrade of £1094 and dropped carbon interior and dimming mirrors to part pay for it. As others said to me, you don’t wanna spend £70K with a dashboard that belongs to a basic VW Polo ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Skyway wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:07 pm I had that same dilemma and added the leather upgrade of £1094 and dropped carbon interior and dimming mirrors to part pay for it. As others said to me, you don’t wanna spend £70K with a dashboard that belongs to a basic VW Polo ;)
quite right. Dimming mirrors in particular are a complete waste on the Macan. Its a high car so other peoples lights just aren’t a problem. Nearly every car I have owned has had them, the Macan hasn’t and I’ve never once missed them

the ones I wouldn’t bother with ( totally my opinion. If you are happy with your spec stick with it ) are PDLS+ ( just adds auto dipping which never really work properly on any car, and some cornering thing that I don think you’d notice ); Steering wheel heating ( i have it and it just makes your hands sweaty ); logo in black; crests on the headrests ( you cant see them when you are driving, unless you area schoold teacher or my mum 😊 )

they’re all minor things though. Personally i’d drop those and go for extended leather. Pretty epic spec though. Any suggestion on which decade its due to arrive ?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Drop some of the bling, especially the crests on headrests and the wheels, which have to be the most useless additions on any Porsche.

Unlike THHGTTG, I find my heated steering wheel to be the most useful inclusion of all. I regularly use it during cold days as even when the interior is up to temperature I still suffer from cold hands.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:09 am Drop some of the bling, especially the crests on headrests and the wheels, which have to be the most useless additions on any Porsche.

Unlike THHGTTG, I find my heated steering wheel to be the most useful inclusion of all. I regularly use it during cold days as even when the interior is up to temperature I still suffer from cold hands.

+1 on the heated steering wheel. I too tend to suffer from cold hands. I sometimes have the interior of the car cooled by aircon on a warm day, with the heated steering wheel turned on! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018