No Gen 3 Demo????

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

What do you actually want to "test" on it?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MrBaozi wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:21 pm I’d imagine this to be the case at quite a few dealers. Any cars they have have either been sold, reserved or earmarked to be sold. Last thing dealers want to do is add unnecessary mileage or even add the possibility that the car could get damaged. Not sure if I read here or somewhere else that Reading is currently not offering any form of test drive at this current time and recommend using your PEC invite if you would like to drive the car. Tbf even before the shortage there were many dealers that once the deposit was down and car ordered were reluctant to offer test drives. This wasn’t exclusive to Porsche dealers. Excuses usually were that the particular model wasn’t available and offer you a car nowhere near your spec. East London we’re happy to give me an unaccompanied test drive but this was last year just as the Gen 3 were making an appearance in the wild.

Btw there’s a nice oak green GTS in the Mayfair showroom. Maybe try there? Confident it will be a straight no but no harm in trying.
Must say, Mid Sussex were perfectly happy to let me have a test drive some time after I ordered mine, a couple actually. In fact they let me have them for much longer after I had placed an order. They were quite dismissive prior to me placing an order. Not all OPC’s are created equal though.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

MrBaozi wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:21 pm I’d imagine this to be the case at quite a few dealers. Any cars they have have either been sold, reserved or earmarked to be sold. Last thing dealers want to do is add unnecessary mileage or even add the possibility that the car could get damaged. Not sure if I read here or somewhere else that Reading is currently not offering any form of test drive at this current time and recommend using your PEC invite if you would like to drive the car. Tbf even before the shortage there were many dealers that once the deposit was down and car ordered were reluctant to offer test drives. This wasn’t exclusive to Porsche dealers. Excuses usually were that the particular model wasn’t available and offer you a car nowhere near your spec. East London we’re happy to give me an unaccompanied test drive but this was last year just as the Gen 3 were making an appearance in the wild.

Btw there’s a nice oak green GTS in the Mayfair showroom. Maybe try there? Confident it will be a straight no but no harm in trying.
I saw that one when I walked past - gold alloys - well it’s Mayfair?
crockers

Post by crockers »

What’s a PEC ?
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

crockers wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:59 pm What’s a PEC ?
https://www.porsche.com/silverstone/en/
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon