No Gen 3 Demo????

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

I have a demo booked at OPC East London as I need to lock in my spec. Apparently they have no gen 3 demos as they have sold all their allocations on to customers. I will get a test drive of a gen 2 GTS which has the same engine as the gen 3 S I am buying. I am a bit disappointed to be honest and would really like to test drive the actual car I'm buying. Surely, they have to have gen 3 demos??

Will the gen 2 GTS be exactly same engine and power as gen 3 s? Will the suspension set up not be different?

Cheers

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

The suspension will be different. I believe the power is similar.

Have you had a PEC invite?
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Ring the PEC to schedule your drive there.

You can also ring other OPC’s and arrange for a test drive of their Gen 3.

Way back when I was just about ready to order my Turbo I had to drive over to Leeds to take out a second hand one as they were not available.

Same thing with the Gen 1 GTS, hardly any available to test drive.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

HertsMacan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:05 am I have a demo booked at OPC East London as I need to lock in my spec. Apparently they have no gen 3 demos as they have sold all their allocations on to customers. I will get a test drive of a gen 2 GTS which has the same engine as the gen 3 S I am buying. I am a bit disappointed to be honest and would really like to test drive the actual car I'm buying. Surely, they have to have gen 3 demos??

Will the gen 2 GTS be exactly same engine and power as gen 3 s? Will the suspension set up not be different?

Cheers
Who is your SE at East London?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:16 am Ring the PEC to schedule your drive there.

You can also ring other OPC’s and arrange for a test drive of their Gen 3.

Way back when I was just about ready to order my Turbo I had to drive over to Leeds to take out a second hand one as they were not available.

Same thing with the Gen 1 GTS, hardly any available to test drive.
Just got a PEC session booked for mid August (Gen 3 S collected in April) and been told next earliest date would be in either October or November!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Makanik wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:28 am The suspension will be different. I believe the power is similar.

The power is exactly the same(it’s the same engine and bhp).

The suspension will be different as gen3 models across the range have improved suspension and Porsche have publicly stated the models are stiffer compared with their gen2 equivalents. As to what ‘improvements’ the GTS setup had for gen2, very hard to say without driving back to back as Porsche don’t say a lot about this(is it even a thing?).
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

BanZ wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:46 pm
Makanik wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:28 am The suspension will be different. I believe the power is similar.

The suspension will be different as gen3 models across the range have improved suspension and Porsche have publicly stated the models are stiffer compared with their gen2 equivalents. As to what ‘improvements’ the GTS setup had for gen2, very hard to say without driving back to back as Porsche don’t say a lot about this(is it even a thing?).
Not sure it’s “improved” suspension Banz, more like the same suspension tweaked to be firmer?
My mate who just got the Cayenne had a Gen1 GTS before chopping it in a couple of weeks ago. When he drove my Gen3 S he felt it was firmer than his GTS so I suspect there isn’t much in it??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Jon A wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:23 pm
BanZ wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:46 pm

Not sure it’s “improved” suspension Banz, more like the same suspension tweaked to be firmer?
My mate who just got the Cayenne had a Gen1 GTS before chopping it in a couple of weeks ago. When he drove my Gen3 S he felt it was firmer than his GTS so I suspect there isn’t much in it??
I used ‘improved’ as it’s somewhat of an unknown what a GTS suspension change on a Macan is - I’ve never read anything with specific details from Porsche unlike some GTS models where they are more specific.
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

I’d imagine this to be the case at quite a few dealers. Any cars they have have either been sold, reserved or earmarked to be sold. Last thing dealers want to do is add unnecessary mileage or even add the possibility that the car could get damaged. Not sure if I read here or somewhere else that Reading is currently not offering any form of test drive at this current time and recommend using your PEC invite if you would like to drive the car. Tbf even before the shortage there were many dealers that once the deposit was down and car ordered were reluctant to offer test drives. This wasn’t exclusive to Porsche dealers. Excuses usually were that the particular model wasn’t available and offer you a car nowhere near your spec. East London we’re happy to give me an unaccompanied test drive but this was last year just as the Gen 3 were making an appearance in the wild.

Btw there’s a nice oak green GTS in the Mayfair showroom. Maybe try there? Confident it will be a straight no but no harm in trying.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Mid Sussex have demos and loan cars of gen 3 but possibly not GTS
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S