PCM 6.0

The place to discuss everything else..
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Porsche have always been behind on the tech front (infotainment wise).
They take the pee cause they know they can, we still buy them even though there's better tech out there.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

pmg

Post by pmg »

Rarecolour wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:20 am Porsche have always been behind on the tech front (infotainment wise).
They take the pee cause they know they can, we still buy them even though there's better tech out there.
Not the only one , apparently Astin Martin in the DBX uses not the last but one Mercedes Infotainment system but the last but two
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

pmg wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:00 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:20 am Porsche have always been behind on the tech front (infotainment wise).
Not the only one , apparently Astin Martin in the DBX uses not the last but one Mercedes Infotainment system but the last but two
Yeah, the DBX is laughable tech wise. The new DBX 707 sounds like a beast though, regardless of the infotainment.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Thamaturge

Post by Thamaturge »

3b59afea-253c-47d4-b892-668ef530be53.jpg

Hi All

Having moved away from the Apple universe several years ago I did not option Apple Car Play when I bought my Macan (S Diesel). After five or so years I wanted to update the maps because they were woefully out of date and see if I could get Android Auto to work on my PCM. After weeks of research and several weird conversations with a couple of official Porsche dealers who wanted silly money to sell me a set of maps dating from 2019 and even more for an Apple install, 'Eureka!, I found someone in the UK to help update my PCM to take both Apple Car Play, Android Auto and the2022 maps. Everything is done remotely using Team-Viewer with punters having to download and install the updates. I also got the job done for less than half the price of having Apple Car Play installed at a non-London Authorised Porsche dealer. And, I can confirm that I'm very happy with the new installation, which has been in place for a couple of days so I can thoroughly recommend the UK based

MAK Coding
www.makcoding.co.uk
(Tel: 07366 188993)

Happy (Again) Macan Owner
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

pmg wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:00 pm
My Aston had a “hand-me-down” Volvo system from the late napoleonic era. Amazing car though and the actual stereo could knock spots off the Macan. Had to use an iPod on it for music because it had no idea what an iPhone was.