PDLS Static cornering lights not functioning

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Ukdaveharrison

Post by Ukdaveharrison »

Hello people, hope you are all in fine health.

I'm generally pretty comfortable working on my own cars, but I'm drawing a blank at getting the static cornering lights activate on my Diesel S :? , and I can't find any particular detail or guidance on diagnosis. Can anyone on here maybe give me a steer? Any help, very gratefully received. :?

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Have you looked up the Good to Know manual? Possible they only work with lights in Auto?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do check what is actually fitted to your SD.

There are two systems PDLS & PDLS+

Look in the Good To Know app loaded with the correct Macan version to read the details of how the two systems operate.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Ukdaveharrison wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:50 pm Hello people, hope you are all in fine health.

I'm generally pretty comfortable working on my own cars, but I'm drawing a blank at getting the static cornering lights activate on my Diesel S :? , and I can't find any particular detail or guidance on diagnosis. Can anyone on here maybe give me a steer? Any help, very gratefully received. :?
The static cornering lights are an additional halogen bulb between the two units in the main headlight assembly - from recollection they are H7 bulbs. Have you checked they are present and bulbs are good ? Fuse blown ?

Early Macans were quite poverty spec, with many items on the optional extras list - some items later became std spec.
Guy

Post by Guy »

On my 2015 SD, Bi-Xenon with PDLS (which included cornering lights) cost an extra £1347. Back then, a further £329 would have added the 'Plus' which then linked them to the PCM/Nav system (itself a £2007 option!).

My PDLS cornering lights came on when turning the wheel slightly at night, and were especially noticeable at low speed. My lights were generally at auto.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Further to Guy's post, IIRC they're not actually static cornering lights but low speed. I'm struggling to remember with the SD whether they also needed the indicator on.

With the Bi-Xenon headlight option, the headlights followed the direction the steering wheel was turned at low speed and that's why I think the cornering lights only came on with the indicator.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ They definitely did not need the indicator on.
chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 »

I’ve PDSL on my S diesel. I have my lights on auto and the cornering lights switch on when you turn the wheel ever so slightly. You don’t even have to be moving.

Is it possible that you are looking at them in too much daylight and maybe they don’t come on?

Have you tried in full on darkness?

Otherwise pull the bulb out, it’s a H7, connect it to a small battery, AA, and see if the bulb is working. I’d have though the canbus would have flagged an issue though.
2017 Macan S Diesel. White.
happy days

Post by happy days »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:40 pm Further to Guy's post, IIRC they're not actually static cornering lights but low speed. I'm struggling to remember with the SD whether they also needed the indicator on.

With the Bi-Xenon headlight option, the headlights followed the direction the steering wheel was turned at low speed and that's why I think the cornering lights only came on with the indicator.
Indicator not needed. The fog light comes on at low speed when turning angle is increased.
Macan S D
718 S
chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 »

happy days wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:16 am
Indicator not needed. The fog light comes on at low speed when turning angle is increased.
The static cornering bulbs are different to the fog lights.
2017 Macan S Diesel. White.