Transfer Box

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Derek C wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:47 am
MTUK wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm Boring I know as it's been discussed to death on here.

I had no idea it needed replacing. Visited OPC today & they confirmed it does infact need swapping. I experienced wheel spin on the drivers rear when turning right & pulling away. The car would grab & buck. I presumed it was due to wet roads. Tech told me there are quite a few different symptoms to look out for, which is the reason it wasn't so evident to me. It took 5K miles of motoring for me to notice it.

So booked in for replacement
Did the Tech explain what the symptoms are? I fear mine is al;so affected.
He accompanied me on a test to diagnose. The car jumped & jerked but I felt that was me over-trying to replicate the symptoms. The Tech advised that it needed swapping. After a few miles it is slightly smoother pulling away. When turning right on lock when pulling out of a junction... the car still spins at the drivers side rear. I presumed this is a characteristic of the 4WD, but my Jag F Pace S 3.0d doesn't do this. It may be just a Porsche VAG thing. It's replaced now so I'm confident it's as it should be. 12 miles covered in the car and can't fault it.
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8