Gen 3 live traffic updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

My OPC was able to fix the Average Speed for trips on the App. But could not fix the above. They did contact Porsche GB, on my behalf though, for a cure. They have other customers experiencing the same issue and are not impressed by the functionality of the new App and loss of some features e.g. tyre pressure readings.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

SAC1 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:42 pm
Jon A wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:05 pm Surely it takes less than 10 seconds to put a destination in from the car? If you use car play as I do, then maybe 6 seconds as I just use voice control.
Agree and I do, even using the PCM's voice device....

But sometimes when you're looking at new places to visit, new restaurants to eat, etc... then it so easy to copy and paste on your smartphone to this App service.

Porsche offer it. It did work and I've used it successfully for years. Now it doesn't. We're customers of the brand....not suppliers or IT developers!! It stopped working in April for me. So Porsche need to fix it properly and soon.
Ok gotcha 👍 my app simply doesn’t work at all so have taken the “pretend it never existed route” and carry on… 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
New User

Post by New User »

Live traffic not working for me. I do wonder if it relates to activating the car ready for CarConnect services (the option is greyed out in my Settings on the MFD). Have tried using my phone as data connection and also connect8ng vehicle wifi to external hotspot and disabling the PCM SIM but no joy.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Latest from Porsche GB.

On going issue affecting other cars. They were hoping it would have been rectified a couple of weeks ago but are now hoping for an 'over the air' fix in the next fortnight which would save a lot of effort, and cost.

They bizarrely then commented that at least it has only affected mine for the last 3 months, since delivered, and that other customers have been suffering much longer.

Now, from that it would seem that this has been occurring for a while and was a known issue.

Seeing as it is pretty obvious as soon as you look at the sat nav it should have been picked up at the PDI and mentioned to me and anyone else it is affecting rather than wait for the customer to find out themselves.

The amount of time wasted, not to mention £600 for an Iphone in order to have viable sat nav, albeit only with half a screen with waze/google maps, has taken the shine of the experience.

A real shame as everything else about the car is absolutely superb.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Well....surprised today to find the App now shows tyre pressure info for the first time on this new App...

Screenshot_20220525-122635_My Porsche.jpg

Also send destination to vehicle is back...

Screenshot_20220525-122918_My Porsche.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Not all that useful though

29107816-19E8-42B0-85C0-010B8C2DC1EA.jpeg

Deleted User 4752

I will say my real time traffic info seems to work. I get all the traffic and roadwork symbols and the RAG status on the roads when using navigation. It seems to vary from very accurate to completely inaccurate though. Had some roads show red that were practically empty and others show green that were blocked solid. So when it does work, treat it with a suitable level of scepticism.
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:26 pm I will say my real time traffic info seems to work. I get all the traffic and roadwork symbols and the RAG status on the roads when using navigation. It seems to vary from very accurate to completely inaccurate though. Had some roads show red that were practically empty and others show green that were blocked solid. So when it does work, treat it with a suitable level of scepticism.
Would be good to see what settings you have to see if we’re missing something as seems quite a few of us have no traffic / RAG on the map at all, not even when a destination is plugged in. It appears to be a mixed bag with some working and others not! I know since we picked up our S in March, we’ve never had traffic show on the nav.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Me too :cry:
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4752

Not the best images, but you can see the red traffic here, which was extremely accurate almost to the back of the first car in the jam.

I’ll have a look at settings and let you know what they are. Pretty sure its not relevant but I do have internet set up on the car because I listen to a lot of internet radio.

BAC4320E-1759-417B-B4C4-35B8C2DB4B0B.jpeg

9F8C73FA-83E0-4966-8324-9DF82E2F0BED.jpeg