LED upgrade for the Halogen lights - A guide

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Very welcome! It is such an upgrade.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

Ieatzchicken

Post by Ieatzchicken »

arpav10 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:39 am
Connoisseur wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:32 pm Ledperf H15 turn out to be duff. They have gone to hi beam only all of the time, they will not switch to sidelights. So pretty useless🙁 H7 are working fine....
What did you do mine are on DRL only, did Ledperf had a solution? Cheers
I just bought the whole LEDPERF kit, were you able to solve it?
Ieatzchicken

Post by Ieatzchicken »

Connoisseur wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:32 pm Ledperf H15 turn out to be duff. They have gone to hi beam only all of the time, they will not switch to sidelights. So pretty useless🙁 H7 are working fine....
Hi!

Were you able to solve this?
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

No solution found to LedPerf failure. imho don’t go near them hth
Ieatzchicken

Post by Ieatzchicken »

Connoisseur wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:45 am No solution found to LedPerf failure. imho don’t go near them hth
To late for me. Having them installed today we'll see how it goes.

Did you find a suitable replacement?
Ieatzchicken

Post by Ieatzchicken »

Dealer finished installing complete LEDPERF Kit, sadly here are the takeaways:
1. One of the H7 LEDs is not working
2. H15 always on high beam
3. Fog lights do not fit the housing...

Basically one issue with each of them. Will try to get support from LEDPERF
Ieatzchicken

Post by Ieatzchicken »

Wrason wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:04 am Hi Rich,
I have now fitted both LED conversions and agree that the improvement of the standard halogens is excellent. Thanks for your help in finding suitable replacements; I now feel it is much safer on unlit roads. I found that the H15 bulb was tricky to fit but was easier to rotate with careful levering with a screwdriver in the fins of the bulb and pushed against the housing. Not ideal as the potential for damage is probably quite high but it worked for me.
Which H15 did you use?
bobalina

Post by bobalina »

Morning guys,

I know that this thread is a bit old now but it was really useful to me when I was looking to convert my yellow halogen bulbs to LED, so I wanted to contribute.

After reading and re-reading everything on the thread, I had resigned myself to just purchasing some brighter white halogen bulbs when I stumbled across a single comment in a review relating to a manufacturer called Twenty20 (www.twenty20auto.com/products/leds/).

They don't actually sell directly, so I went to one of their retailers and purchased these:

H7 Twenty20 Projector LED Headlight Bulbs (Pair) £70
https://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7-twenty20-pr ... -pair.html

H15 Twenty20 Compact LED Headlight Bulbs (Pair) £75
https://www.hids4u.co.uk/h15-twenty20-c ... -pair.html

I used the info on this thread to fully remove each headlight (it really is the easiest way to get the new bulbs in) and fitted the new bulbs. Took about an hour or so to do both (second one was loads quicker!).

They literally just plug straight into the existing fittings and have a canbus type block built into the H7's. Fitted them all and they worked straight away - no error messages or tinkering required.

The lights have been in for 2 weeks now and are still going strong. No flashes from other drivers and no issues with flickering or errors.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future!
Macan S
Panamera GTS
Defender 90
Nissan GTR R35 - Sold
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

Thanks bobalina, great info. The Halogen lights are about the only thing I'd change on my Macan and it looks as though you've found a cost-effective solution. I've got a service coming up (with the OPC to preserve the warranty) but once that's done I'll give them a try.
bobalina

Post by bobalina »

No probs - glad the post has been useful.

They also sell LED fog light replacements too which I'm going to buy shortly and will report back here on my experience.
Macan S
Panamera GTS
Defender 90
Nissan GTR R35 - Sold