Red Seat Belts

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Nella

Post by Nella »

shaunyt0 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:25 pm
Nella wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:15 am A traffic officer told you that??? Really??? I’d love to have a chat with him. I can’t think I’ve heard of a more stupid piece of driving advice.
Why anyone needs to or would want to drive up the ar*e of the car in front is beyond me and I am a very progressive driver.
I bet the bonnet of his car looks like it’s been shot blasted!!!

Well if you read my comments properly rather than progressively I never mentioned anything about driving close enough to get shot blasted, there's plenty of opportunity to see peoples mirror set up when stopped behind them at lights. unless of course they have privacy glass but you can still see the wing mirrors in most cases. Bad mirrors are a pet hate of mine and generally the people with them dont use them.

The Youtube video below. 1 of many from driving instructors indicates the correct way and how they should be set. You might find it quite interesting. If your mirrors are set right your not moving your head around to see correctly.
Well thanks for that!!!

Hand on head emoji!!!!

I'd still love to have a chat with the Rat!!! :twisted:

shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Nella wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:23 pm
Nella wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:15 am A traffic officer told you that??? Really??? I’d love to have a chat with him. I can’t think I’ve heard of a more stupid piece of driving advice.
Why anyone needs to or would want to drive up the ar*e of the car in front is beyond me and I am a very progressive driver.

Well if you read my comments properly rather than progressively I never mentioned anything about driving close enough to get shot blasted, there's plenty of opportunity to see peoples mirror set up when stopped behind them at lights. unless of course they have privacy glass but you can still see the wing mirrors in most cases. Bad mirrors are a pet hate of mine and generally the people with them dont use them.

The Youtube video below. 1 of many from driving instructors indicates the correct way and how they should be set. You might find it quite interesting. If your mirrors are set right your not moving your head around to see correctly.
Well thanks for that!!!

Hand on head emoji!!!!

Rat? :lol: im guessing a few points on the old license to thrill, I got 3 last year prompted me to take advanced driving test to lower my Insurance very interesting but it hasn't stopped me pressing the loud pedal
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

shaunyt0 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:26 pm

Well thanks for that!!!

Hand on head emoji!!!!

Rat? :lol: im guessing a few points on the old license to thrill, I got 3 last year prompted me to take advanced driving test to lower my Insurance very interesting but it hasn't stopped me pressing the loud pedal
I’m with you Shaun, and the Police officer, on mirror adjustment. It’s a bit obvious really, if you can see their eyes then they can see you.

Also agree on auto dimming mirrors. I always spec them. Regardless of tinted windows, a lot of glare comes from the door mirrors though what is only a very slightly tinted side window. And it’s worse nowadays, especially on motorways, when you have cars with matrix lights coming up behind you in an outer lane. They don’t always cut off the bit that shines into your mirrors!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:49 pm

Well thanks for that!!!

Hand on head emoji!!!!

I’m with you Shaun, and the Police officer, on mirror adjustment. It’s a bit obvious really, if you can see their eyes then they can see you.

Also agree on auto dimming mirrors. I always spec them. Regardless of tinted windows, a lot of glare comes from the door mirrors though what is only a very slightly tinted side window. And it’s worse nowadays, especially on motorways, when you have cars with matrix lights coming up behind you in an outer lane. They don’t always cut off the bit that shines into your mirrors!

👍👍👍
Shaun T

Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Seriously Shaun!? It’s not rocket science 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Jon A wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:03 pm

Seriously Shaun!? It’s not rocket science 😂😂

Hey Jon it is for some, my mates wife has hers permanently adjusted for putting make up on, if its behind her she doesnt care :lol: :lol:
Shaun T

Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Nella

Post by Nella »

Well thanks for that!!!

Hand on head emoji!!!!

My driving licences are clean. Full private car and bike. Full advanced for work etc etc.........

I would be more than happy to take you out for a spin and go over a few points. Seeing the eyes of the driver in front would definitely not be something I would be concerning myself with. Being too close to the vehicle in front at any speed or stationary I would be.

FYI............In the early 1970s, the term 'Black Rats' existed as a derogatory name for the unforgiving officers of London's Metropolitan Police Traffic Division (Traffpols); they were known to be strict and would not hesitate to report their own mother for speeding, or another officer (particularly one from the CID) for some ..........

;)