Need a small favour from anyone using Auto Stop Start!

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

emptygroves wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:57 pm
It is worth noting that the start/stop also initiates the coasting function (when start/stop is turned off, coasting doesn't occur), although I have to admit that i haven't noticed a correlation between when s/s isn't available (yellow crossed through symbol in right hand binnacle) and the coast, so I imagine that the availability of coast doesn't depend on if the car meets the criteria for auto start/stop. It might be worth checking this; with auto s/s on (i.e. light out) run it up to 50+mph (in 5th 6th or 7th) and very gently let off the accelerator. The coast mode should initiate, with the engine going to idle and no engine braking.
Coasting has been tinkered with at various software updates throughout the last 7 years, and I think was originally available in all gears, but after successive updates it is now only available in 5th gear +.

Also, where is your idle speed at when warm? If it's at 600rpm, then that is the normal condition. If it's ticking over at 800rpm, this means that the car is trying to regen., and that will prevent auto s/s.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Mark
PS. I'm going to go and see if the coast mode is related to the auto start-stop availability now...
There's no direct correlation between stop/start availability and coasting. As you point out if you turn off stop/start (or select a sport option) coasting is inhibited. Auto stop/start is the first thing to "go" in the battery saving hierarchy so there is a stage where coasting is available but stop/start isn't.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel