Email notifications driving me mad!!!

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Phils

Post by Phils »

Hi all,

I've recently bought a 2018 Macan S and I cannot find any way to stop the PCM notifying me with an annoying 'ding ding' every time a email comes through to my phone.

I am able to turn the notifications off by going to 'Set Phone', 'Tone settings' and unchecking the 'Signal tone for messages' box, but every time I restart the car the box is checked again.

Porsche Silverstone seem to think the notification cannot be turned off permanently, but I somehow can't believe that is correct - does anyone know a solution? (apart from leaving my phone at home!)

Would appreciate anyone's assistance on this, thanks,

Phil

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Is the using CarPlay? Certainly I don't get notifications of emails on my iPhone
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I get a notification from the PCM for incoming text messages, don't recall ever getting an email when in the car so not sure about them but expect they'd be simikar. Does switch the alert off on your phone not work or are you wanting the phone to ping but not the PCM?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Phils

Post by Phils »

Hi all,
Thanks for comments - I don't use Car Play (my phone is a Samsung S9, Android).

I'm not sure but I hope I may have worked it out - although I have all notifications for the email program I use (Samsung's) turned off, gmail is on my phone too (I don't use it, but it's there anyway - I guess that's thanks to Google not giving me any choice) That did have notifications allowed, so I've now turned that off and will test to see if it's done the trick...watch this space.
Phils

Post by Phils »

Didn't work - still receiving notifications. GRR...

Any advice welcome, thanks.
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Phils wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:51 pm Didn't work - still receiving notifications. GRR...

Any advice welcome, thanks.
Assume you have your android connected to PCM via bluetooth?
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!