Spare Wheel: More than 1 Part Number?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:41 am Hmmmmm, I think one or two of our contributors might manage! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I thought that too but wasn't brave enough to admit it! :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

billyqureshi

Post by billyqureshi »

thanks for the replies gents
so.
cost of retrofitting the collapsible wheel along with tool kit?
£1100
absolutely staggering. of course i’m not paying that.
and to clarify - you don’t get ANYTHING as standard - no jack, no compressor, no sealant. sealant and compressor is £42 and the collapsible set up was around £250. annoyed at the salesmen for not tipping me off about this when he received my spec list.
anyway. my option is to get a road hero space saver but whilst someone in this forum has said it just about fits under the lid, i’ve yet to find any pictures of it in place.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

How has the cost doubled in two years? Are you sure, or maybe that includes labour?
I sold my old one for £250 complete with tool kit. They do come up on here, so maybe just wait or put a wanted ad up?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

billyqureshi wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:15 pm thanks for the replies gents
so.
cost of retrofitting the collapsible wheel along with tool kit?
£1100
absolutely staggering. of course i’m not paying that.
and to clarify - you don’t get ANYTHING as standard - no jack, no compressor, no sealant. sealant and compressor is £42 and the collapsible set up was around £250. annoyed at the salesmen for not tipping me off about this when he received my spec list.
anyway. my option is to get a road hero space saver but whilst someone in this forum has said it just about fits under the lid, i’ve yet to find any pictures of it in place.
If you are unfortunate enough to get a complete tyre deflation, then Porsche Assist (the AA) will come to your aid. They carry temporary spares or will recover your Macan to an appropriate location - OPC or tyre dealer.

Most punctures are slow ones from a nail /screw. Here you can drive cautiously into your nearest tyre depot.

Q. How many punctures have yyou experienced in the last 5 years, especially a complete deflation?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver