Pedal Commander

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is a cheaper alternative.

AD4988D1-EB93-4815-98F3-D1E3B36E35BF.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

MTSNKOB

Post by MTSNKOB »

I've had a Pedal Commander on for a few months now (Gen 3 Macan GTS). The difference is amazing! I did some research after being incredibly disappointed with the throttle response on my GTS, and this was recommended. It can be controlled on the unit itself, or via Bluetooth on your phone. It has multiple options for increasing or decreasing sensitivity, so it's not all about sportiness or going fast etc. The device takes 3-5 minutes to fit and can be removed, if necessary, in the same amount of time. Pedal Commander suggest it shouldn't affect the warranty (I guess they would say that) but my car was at Porsche yesterday for a number of things, (Grrrrr...) including the A/C and AWD recalls, and none of them said a word about it despite it obviously being installed. I have mine set-up so it's more inline with my previous cars, and the wife's Audi A1 1.4 S-Line. Others who have driven my car before and after though all agree with the improvement.

I'm sure some will hate me for this, but it is my choice and my wife and I were both extremely disappointed with the factory settings.

I'm in Coventry, so would be open to offering a drive if arranged through this forum (for security etc.)
Last edited by MTSNKOB on Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Gen 3 Macan GTS
Jet Black Metallic
GT Design Satin Platinum Wheels
Black/Carmine Red GTS Extended Leather/Race-Tex Interior
Burmester Sound System
Carbon everything
Too many other options to list...
PPQ6DU70
Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

I've never been disappointed with the Gen3 GTS responsiveness or performance when dialled into Sport/Sport+. In comfort it was sluggish to respond but with everything in Sport+ aside from the suspension in Sport (too "jittery" with Sport+ suspension on the roads I drive on), it's been a dream.
Gen3 GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPRAXAE8

Ordered 11th Aug 2021, Arrived OPC 7th Oct 2022, Collected 9th Dec 2022
MTSNKOB

Post by MTSNKOB »

Yes, Sport and Sport+ are more like it, you're right, but this obviously affects the gearbox and other elements of the drive. The PC only affect the throttle response, so the other aspects of the 'Normal' mode, ie gearchange, Auto Stop/Start etc. all remain unaffected.

Each to their own, I suppose, but I have to say, as a first time Porsche owner, I can't say I'll be buying again, sadly.
2022 Gen 3 Macan GTS
Jet Black Metallic
Burmester Sound System
Carbon everything
PPQ6DU70
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

MTSNKOB wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:32 am Each to their own, I suppose, but I have to say, as a first time Porsche owner, I can't say I'll be buying again, sadly.
What's next on the list and will you be taking a test drive?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

If you want sports car dynamics buy a 718/911…The Macan is an SUV (admittedly the best handling/road holding and enjoyable car in its class) and as such is tuned by Porsche accordingly…as you say each to their own!
MTSNKOB

Post by MTSNKOB »

I'll probably be going back to an RS6, or perhaps a BMW M. Of course I'll take a test drive! Which I assume is a bit of a dig? I did test drive the Macan, like I've test driven all my cars, and driven over 500 different types in my previous employments. I drove a Gen 2 Macan GTS, so a different car - according to the dealer, when I ordered mine, following all of the assurances that the Gen 3 would be next level. He was even ex-Audi and was adamant it would be better than the RS6.

I realise I'm in the wrong place if I'm not 100% happy with Porsche, but as I said, with vast experience, and having driven and owned a number of different cars, the Macan, although nice, is disappointing. Perhaps yes, I'll try a 718/911, but it would have to be in addition to a more practical car, hence getting everything in one package with an RS6 or an RSQ variant. I can't fault the Porsche build quality, but driving dynamics of this car, along with build etc., doesn't justify the price or reputation when compared to others IMO. Not forgetting, I've been back in for the A/C recall, the AWD recall, I have to go back for the PCM recall/update, as they ran out of time, the moisture in the tail lights and front sidelights is going through a warranty claim, and the drivers seat comfort ingress/egress is also under investigation. I'm sure if I could trace it back, my car was built on a Friday afternoon...
2022 Gen 3 Macan GTS
Jet Black Metallic
Burmester Sound System
Carbon everything
PPQ6DU70
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Certainly it was a bit of a dig! Maybe my relatively limited experience works to my advantage! Looking back I've actually bought a significant % of my cars without a test drive and one or two sight unseen, no disasters thankfully.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MTSNKOB

Post by MTSNKOB »

Thanks. Like I said, I realise that criticism of the brand isn't allowed on here, otherwise it might upset the worshippers, but I'm just saying what I feel, giving my opinion, and am speaking with some experience. It's a pity the forum has to be that way TBH.

I'll think twice next time when giving feedback or if I can help or give advice or share experience with others on here.

Hopefully you can enjoy yours, hopefully you love the way it drives and it ticks all of your boxes. Hopefully you won't have the issues I've had and have to speak to Porsche GB and Nardo test facilty, and go back and forth to the dealer. None of whom are interested and frankly, just arrogant. As an automotive engineer, and as someone who worked in whole vehicle testing, I hope I don't come across that way, and I apologise if I do.
2022 Gen 3 Macan GTS
Jet Black Metallic
Burmester Sound System
Carbon everything
PPQ6DU70
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MTSNKOB wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:36 pm Thanks. Like I said, I realise that criticism of the brand isn't allowed on here, otherwise it might upset the worshippers, but I'm just saying what I feel, giving my opinion, and am speaking with some experience. It's a pity the forum has to be that way TBH.

I'll think twice next time when giving feedback or if I can help or give advice or share experience with others on here.

Hopefully you can enjoy yours, hopefully you love the way it drives and it ticks all of your boxes. Hopefully you won't have the issues I've had and have to speak to Porsche GB and Nardo test facilty, and go back and forth to the dealer. None of whom are interested and frankly, just arrogant. As an automotive engineer, and as someone who worked in whole vehicle testing, I hope I don't come across that way, and I apologise if I do.
Just out of interest, how do you find the GTS against the gen2 version you said you drove for a while? Is it next level as the SE implied, only slightly better or much the same??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0