Clicking Noise at Slow or Stopped

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
ngallant

Post by ngallant »

Hi!

Sadly the same experience with mine, also a ‘22 S. After three tests the dealer was able to recreate the issue. I am told several others in their inventory have been found to do the same. The issue requires a part that is back ordered. No insight as to when it will be received. Oh, and the AC also didn’t work, so there’s a part on order there as well 🙃

Apart from all this a magnificent machine!

jharrower

Post by jharrower »

ngallant wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:22 am Hi!

Sadly the same experience with mine, also a ‘22 S. After three tests the dealer was able to recreate the issue. I am told several others in their inventory have been found to do the same. The issue requires a part that is back ordered. No insight as to when it will be received. Oh, and the AC also didn’t work, so there’s a part on order there as well 🙃

Sorry to hear about you having a similar experience!

Did the dealer explain what was causing the issue. I’m trying to gather some info to be a little more clued up when I go back with mine on 5 Apr.

Thanks
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

ngallant wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:22 am Hi!

Exactly the same issues as I experienced with my 22 S. The noise stopped after it went back into the OPC and they had the car for 8 days to fix the AC.
A3M

Post by A3M »

I thought I had the same issue initially, but then I realized that the noise I was hearing is not really linked to slow speed, but rather when I leave the car parked overnight, I would hear the sound for the first ~15-20 mins of driving the next day.

I had mine inspected, and it turned out to be a tiny friction between the bonnet and some small part that is between the main body and the bonnet. Why it happens in the first 15-20 mins? The repair guy said it might be linked to how hot / cold the body is. First thing in the morning is the coldest it can be, hence the noise in the morning.

He put some lubricant on that small part and the sound disappeared. It might come back again soon, and when it does I will go again to have the part properly realigned.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

jharrower wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:13 pm Hi!
I picked up my new ‘S’ today and have noticed a quite pronounced ‘clicking’ sound when turning the steering wheel only slightly from straight on at low speeds, forward or reverse, and when stopped.

I’ve not heard anything like it on any previous car I’ve had (no Porsches)

I’ll be speaking to the OPC first thing in the morning.

Anyone any ideas if this is a Porsche ‘norm’ or something unusual.

Thanks.
Was there ever a conclusion to this? Was the clicking sound identified?
Macan S MY 2023