Leaking Roof????

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Simmytt

Post by Simmytt »

My first post, hope this may help some out. My Macan pano has been leaking over the last few weeks and a google search threw up this thread. Let’s bypass the roof drains as this is easy to check and was not my problem. This is specific for wet wind deflector, water makes its way into the wind deflector channel and then leaks into the cabin down the a pillars, someone posted that the roof needs adjusting by a mm or so, but gave no further explanation of how to do this but did say it was a simple fix. Well I have adjusted my roof and after all the rain we have had lately I am happy to report all is dry, so going to put my neck on the block and say it is fixed. This is how I did it and it worked for me.
Open roof just a couple of inches.
From inside the car have a look at the sliding mechanism, just pull the rubber seal down a little and you will see 2 torx bolts , carry on looking and you will see another pair of bolts, rhs mirrors lhs, hopefully you have now located all 8 bolts. What you are trying to accomplish is moving the glass forward by a mm or so. So loosen all 8 bolts , you only need to break the bolt and then half a turn, then pull/push the roof forward then tighten the bolts, close the roof, if you have moved the roof to far forward then the roof will not close and will go into tilt mode, I think this is a safety feature, it is obvious that you have gone to far forward, just undo the bolts and adjust and try again, once you are happy that the roof is closing tightly on the front rubber seals you need to give the outside some attention, get a straight edge, I used a plastic window packer, lay it onto the roof to check the glass is level with the roof, you can adjust one corner at a time by undoing the pair of bolts and pushing up/down on the glass and then nip up the bolts, it will make more sense when you start doing the job.

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Am I going mad, or have you not already posted this on this site?

Edit, yeah you have.
Good write up though!
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Rarecolour wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:37 pm Am I going mad, or have you not already posted this on this site?

Edit, yeah you have.
Good write up though!
Your memory is still good....

"Simmytt
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:51 a.m.
Issues & TechnicalTopic: Panoramic sunroof leak.

Re: Panoramic sunroof leak.

My first post, hope this may help some out. My Macan pano has...."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Simmytt

Post by Simmytt »

Thought I best pop it in both threads :D
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

It's good info, just through me cause you said "My first post".
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)