Scratches in centre console and trim

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Pau1GTM

Post by Pau1GTM »

I have had my Macan for 3 months and new that the touch button centre console and piano black finish was going to scratch easily so have kept a microfibre cloth in the glovebox to keep them clean. Despite this, both finishes have developed fine scratches which are visible in direct light - I’m so annoyed as I have been very careful. I can only assume that the dust that I have been wiping away acts as an abrasive. You’d think they would have chosen a more scratch resistant material. Any suggestions on I posing further scratches and whether it’s possible to polish them out. Thanks

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Can't you get some ppf for it?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:19 pm Can't you get some ppf for it?
could do with some for the PCM too. As its a touch screen its bound to get scratched at some point. Have protectors on my iPad and iPhones.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:48 pm
could do with some for the PCM too. As its a touch screen its bound to get scratched at some point. Have protectors on my iPad and iPhones.
I believe there is a company that can PPF these areas. Although the piano black looks good when new, I hate it. I have ordered my Macan with the carbon interior for this very reason. Does anyone know a company that can supply the PPF as a self administered kit?
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4752

Skyway wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:27 pm
I believe there is a company that can PPF these areas. Although the piano black looks good when new, I hate it. I have ordered my Macan with the carbon interior for this very reason. Does anyone know a company that can supply the PPF as a self administered kit?
i had a “fake” carbon interior on my mini and loved it. I would have ordered carbon on the Macan but it was a tad too expensive. Its annoying that you can’t get the dark brushed aluminium on the S. I’m not overly keen on the standard brushed aluminium that is a free option on the S.
MansfieldCat

Post by MansfieldCat »

Getting my central console and PCM covered in PPF while it’s in having the front end done. Piano black is awful for scratches😫
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

PCM has film on it from new.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Deleted User 4752

Rarecolour wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:21 am
Sort of. Its like buying a new phone, it has a film with a pull tab that’s designed to protect it during transport. Its not designed to be left on. I’m thinking more of the glass ant-scratch covers that are essential on phones
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:10 am

Sort of. Its like buying a new phone, it has a film with a pull tab that’s designed to protect it during transport. Its not designed to be left on. I’m thinking more of the glass ant-scratch covers that are essential on phones

Not sort of, it has a protective film in it which works very well! Mine still has it in and is 1 week shy of a year old.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Deleted User 4752

Rarecolour wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:32 am
THHGTTG wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:10 am

Not sort of, it has a protective film in it which works very well! Mine still has it in and is 1 week shy of a year old.
No, absolutely sort of. Do you leave the protective screen over your TV when you buy it? The cover that comes on the Macan PCM from new is just to protect it from finger prints during transport and has a pull tab on it so it can be removed when you pick the car up. The first thing the SE did after the big reveal for mine was show me the inside and remove the transport film. I’m taking about proper screen protectors, like the glass ones for mobile phones and tablets.