Gracenote functionality- DAB radio

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Pau1GTM

Post by Pau1GTM »

I have the new 2022 Macan S and have a couple of questions about the radio.

1) I like the fact that the DAB radio displays cover art for each song playing. I noticed that when you switch the car on it initially says ‘powered by Gracenote’. The last week it has stopped displaying cover art and can’t work out why. The internal SIM that came when I bought the car ran out of data but that ran out a few months ago. Is this functionality built into the software or does it rely on a live network signal? Any one have any idea why it is no longer displaying cover art?

2) the DAB radio also occasionally aligns the radio station logos underneath the text (station name etc.) so everything overlaps rather than being spaced correctly. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hope these questions are suitable for the forum S I am new here. Thanks.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

There is a free period after which a subscription applies.

Check with your SE at the OPC what was included with your Macan.

If you register with My Porsche you can select the subscription services that you want.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pau1GTM

Post by Pau1GTM »

Thanks for the reply, sorry if this is a stupid question. It what does SE and OPC stand for.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Pau1GTM wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:21 pm Thanks for the reply, sorry if this is a stupid question. It what does SE and OPC stand for.
Sales exec and official Porsche centre (dealership). I had to ask same question, the Porkites love their acronyms… 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Pau1GTM

Post by Pau1GTM »

Thanks for your replies. I fixed the problem as under Tuner Settings I activated ‘Online additional data’ and no album artwork is displayed on DAB when songs play.