New Kid on the Block

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I did all short journeys in mine for 2.5 years and only had one dpf issue at 27K just before I sold it.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Welcome. The SD is a great Macan, I ran one from new for 5 years and did not have one problem or issue with it at all. Enjoy your new car.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

EDZ wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:02 am Welcome. The SD is a great Macan, I ran one from new for 5 years and did not have one problem or issue with it at all. Enjoy your new car.
Had mine for 3 years and agin with no problems or Dpf issues. Just one AdBlue refill in 18,000 miles and averaged 35 mpg and with very few motorway miles.

Stevie - your 18" wheels & tyres will give the best ride quality [compared to the biiger alloys] and the best rim protection. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Welcome Steve ... Congratulations on a great purchase ... hope it was a Steal via commercial auction?
If you are an Iphone user and like wireless carplay ?
I recently fitted apple car play to my 2014 SD . a great improvement on the old PCM ( without losing the old PCM )

https://www.design911.com/Wireless-Appl ... rod144823/

Enjoy the drive !
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
Stevie171

Post by Stevie171 »

Still finding my way guys. I have arranged to have a pal machine polish and seal the paintwork next week. Proper pics after she's cleaned, I promise.

But am I an idiot or what? I was playing about on Kwik-fit website to price tyres and they told me the car has 18" tyres. I couldn't believe how happy I was with them, so I looked again today. They are actually 20". Massive 295/40 on the rear. No wonder I was happy with the look.

The auction price was exactly where I hoped it to be. This allowed for a little refurbishment and to be honest the car needs nothing. Gladly I have just saved a dealer's profit margin.

My only fear was with fuel price increases and talk of big inflation, the currently over-inflated used car values are bound to tumble soon. I still think I did well on it. Peter7, yjr auction spec sheet shows it has Connect Plus, with Apple CarPlay, wireless and remote services whatever that is. I am indeed an iPhone user, so fingers crossed its already active.

DPF as mentioned was my big fear... I am not going to be doing big journeys in the car and trust it will be kind to me. Next big thing is to await the new V5, so I can get my personal plate on it.

IMG_8782.jpg

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Those wheels are not what it came with, they are from a GEN 2 Macan, either way, they really suit the car
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Car looks great! Congrats, Stevie! :)

P.S. Might be my eyesight, but are those brake callipers painted white?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Stevie171

Post by Stevie171 »

Kleynie, many thanks for the info.. As for the different gens.... I have done no homework before buying.
Am I correct in thinking mine would therefore be a generation 1 with the newer models with the rear lights which stretch across the whole tailgate being the current model and generation 2?

Makes me happier again, to find this upgrade.

Wing Commender, trick of light I am afraid. I was going to say silver, but just went outside for a look. Front are like an anodised silver, whereas the rear is more like silver/grey enamel paint.

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8785.jpg

IMG_8781.jpg

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Yes, gen 2 is the one with the light bar at the rear. Then gen 3 looks similar, just more aggressive in my opinion. I like the gen 1 and am on my second.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Stevie - you asked "Am I correct in thinking mine would therefore be a generation 1"
Yes being an SD it's definitely a Gen1. Porsche stopped fitting the diesel engine for the 2018 model year.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver