Mich / Pirelli or Conti ?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

My Michelin Latitude need replacing all round.

Has anyone tried the Conti 5 or Pirelli P zero? All are Porsche rated... just thinking I might try a different brand.

Which in other words?
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8

r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

I have Conti’s on mine, I suggest if you want longevity choose another brand.
I don’t drive hard 90% of the time but I’m getting circa. 15k-20k mikes maximum.

There’s owners on here claiming 40k miles from their tyres with suitable performance, can’t recall who it was but try a search for tyres on here

Have a look here, half way down page 2, 35k from a set of Pirelli’s

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10661&hilit=Tires&start=10
Last edited by r1flyguy on Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MTUK wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:30 pm My Michelin Latitude need replacing all round.

Has anyone tried the Conti 5 or Pirelli P zero? All are Porsche rated... just thinking I might try a different brand.

Which in other words?
all the Gen 3’s seem to come with P Zero’s. Mine seem ok.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MTUK wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:30 pm My Michelin Latitude need replacing all round.

Which in other words?
What rim size do you have?

Had Mich O E. on my SD which were pretty good and did 18,000 miles before changing the set at 3mm.

My GTS came on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV which are quieter than the Mich subjectively with much the same in performance and projected mileage.

Generally if you do predominently motorway / straight smooth road driving you will get double my mileage figure. As my driving is mainly country roads with corse tarmac, lots of bends and so more braking. I now do minimal motorway trips.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:22 pm

Which in other words?

Had Mich O E. on my SD which were pretty good and did 18,000 miles before changing the set at 3mm.

My GTS came on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV which are quieter than the Mich subjectively with much the same in performance and projected mileage.

Generally if you do predominently motorway / straight smooth road driving you will get double my mileage figure. As my driving is mainly country roads with corse tarmac, lots of bends and so more braking. I now do minimal motorway trips.
I have 21" and have Mich on the current SD and use lots of country roads in Lincolnshire.. also a fair few motorway miles. I've covered 7K miles in six months. I;ll take a look at the Eagle F1 ... especially as you say they're quieter
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

MTUK wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:35 pm
SAC1 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:22 pm

Which in other words?

I have 21" and have Mich on the current SD and use lots of country roads in Lincolnshire.. also a fair few motorway miles. I've covered 7K miles in six months. I;ll take a look at the Eagle F1 ... especially as you say they're quieter

Just noticed the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 are not N rated though.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^^^ with the 21" it seems you are limited to Conti, Mich or Pirelli for Porsche N-rated tyres. That's why I asked what rim size you're using.

My 20" Goodyear were O.E. fit and are N-rated.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I like Michelin or Pirelli P zero

Both are great tyres.