Strange stains on B & C pillar trims...

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:04 pm Have you tried clear vinegar? That will remove water spots, but if they are behind the top cover then it's a workshop job.
Yes, tried vinegar. I think the trim panels are transparent, with black on the inner surface of them, and it's that surface which has become contaminated.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

skipper

Post by skipper »

I recently had my B pillar trim replaced under the original 3 year warranty because it developed “spider cracking”. Not quite the same symptoms, I know. You will have to look at the thread on spider cracking to see the difference. However, the fact remains that I got mine fixed foc.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
andreas

Post by andreas »

skipper wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:04 pm I recently had my B pillar trim replaced under the original 3 year warranty because it developed “spider cracking”. Not quite the same symptoms, I know. You will have to look at the thread on spider cracking to see the difference. However, the fact remains that I got mine fixed foc.
When I asked the OPC to fix it, they said trim wasn't covered by warranty - by that time I was past the original 3 years and on to Porsche extended warranty.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

If it’s not covered could you get them wrapped in black gloss.
Macan S MY 2023
andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:39 pm If it’s not covered could you get them wrapped in black gloss.
Yes, that's an option I've considered, but I'd probably leave it until I'm about to sell the car.