CarPlay confusion.

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I think you will find that as long as the car has satnav, CarPlay can be retrofitted by the dealer for a few hundred quid. The details should be available if you look at the Macan options on the tequipment on the Porsche website.

I looked in to this for our 2016 Macan but as we did not have Nav, CarPlay was not available without spending a grand or two on nav
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I have a late 2016 SD, the sat nav was an optional extra which I specked. But it does not have Apple Car Play.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

My MY2017 has the voice stalk but no CarPlay. I installed the update this morning (obtained from non Porsche sources) and hey ho I have CarPlay for £100.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 »

I have just bought a 2017 Macan SD from an OPC.
It didn’t have Nav, Voice or CarPlay.
As part of the deal the dealer is installing Car Play for me.
The cost (to them) is £420 for parts, and then their labour.
As part of this, the left stalk will be changed to allow the Siri voice button to be added.
The car will not have Nav or the Porsche voice added.

This official retrofit is available to all Macan mk1’s from 01/2016.

The way I believe to be able to identify which models are able to have it, is to look at the controls on the LCD screen. If the control knobs are on the outer side of the buttons, then you can retrofit.

If the control knobs have buttons either side of them, you can’t.

Hope this helps.

2017 Macan S Diesel. White.
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

chanlon1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:59 pm I have just bought a 2017 Macan SD from an OPC.
It didn’t have Nav, Voice or CarPlay.
As part of the deal the dealer is installing Car Play for me.
The cost (to them) is £420 for parts, and then their labour.
As part of this, the left stalk will be changed to allow the Siri voice button to be added.
The car will not have Nav or the Porsche voice added.

This official retrofit is available to all Macan mk1’s from 01/2016.

The way I believe to be able to identify which models are able to have it, is to look at the controls on the LCD screen. If the control knobs are on the outer side of the buttons, then you can retrofit.

If the control knobs have buttons either side of them, you can’t.

Hope this helps.

Yes this.
I had it retrofitted into my late 2016 / MY17 as a software upgrade only (£400+) because the PCM/Sat Nav/Voice control via left stalk supported it.
OPC told me an earlier model can be retrofitted but needs the new stalk plus other bits and costs £1K plus all in.
Apparently the change was at MY17.
Ramaya

Post by Ramaya »

Bump to ask if there is a solid way of identifying if carplay can be retrofitted with a simple software update?

My car is a 04/2016 with Navigation and buttons to the outside. I also hear about "cheaper" none OPC software updates, are these legit any links?
Macan S - Air, Bose, 18-Way (2016)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

It’s simple, if the car has the Connect plus option it will have CarPlay. The only other way it has it is if it was retrofitted. My June 2017 without Connect Plus does not have CarPlay, my old Oct 2016 SD did have connect plus and CarPlay.
I am interested in a retrofit if it’s cheap.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ramaya

Post by Ramaya »

Could be as cheap as £150 if you got the correct PCM 4 unit, which I assume as a 2017 model you will. Check here:

https://www.makcoding.co.uk/product/por ... patibility
Macan S - Air, Bose, 18-Way (2016)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Ramaya wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:37 pm Could be as cheap as £150 if you got the correct PCM 4 unit, which I assume as a 2017 model you will. Check here:

https://www.makcoding.co.uk/product/por ... patibility
Yes I do have PCM 4. Thank you.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
M4CAN

Post by M4CAN »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:56 pm My MY2017 has the voice stalk but no CarPlay. I installed the update this morning (obtained from non Porsche sources) and hey ho I have CarPlay for £100.
Tell me more. Please! We have the voice stalk in our 2016 SD - does that mean I can add car play for £100?